ACN Latitudes Forums

Parents with elevated ASO

I know some of us parents have elevated ASO titers, but I was wondering if anyone has gotten an elevated DNase B or streptozyme.

My antiDNase B titer is 85. My streptozyme is 400 (normal is below 100). My ASO is 396. None of my children had any elevated titers. My husband has not had his done yet, but I suspect he may be in the same boat as me.

I am on Zithromax and will be retested soon. I have been taking zithromax for about 3 1/2 weeks.

Colleen

Edited by colleenrn

For parents with elevated strep titers: When do you recheck your titers? Is one month on antibiotics enough or are parents taking antibiotics for more than a month and then rechecking?

I have an appt. with my dr today and I am not sure if I should have my titers redrawn or if I should request one more month of antibiotics for myself, then retest the titers. I have been taking zithromax for one month (first 2 weeks I took 750mg/day and now I am taking 500mg/day)

TIA!

Colleen

Hi, Colleen:

I was told to wait at least 1-2 months after the end of abx treatment before re-checking titer. We've only been checking ASO, which is what has been elevated in our whole family (including our PANDAS son during exacerbations).

My 1st ASO (back in March/April) came back at 303 and I begged the testing doc for a month of zithromax. She agreed but would only prescribe 250 mg daily, which is pretty low dose in my case, I fear (I'm about 205 lbs). I waited a couple of months, re-ran ASO... and it had risen to 443.

So I recently finished a higher-dose full month of clindamycin (at the same time the rest of our family did a month of clindamycin as well). Our goal was to clear everybody at the same time, then have all of our titers re-checked in another month to see if they're falling.

If our titers aren't coming down, don't know what we'll do next. Beg for longer-term treatment dose for all of us? I'll post the results when we're re-tested.

For parents with elevated strep titers: When do you recheck your titers? Is one month on antibiotics enough or are parents taking antibiotics for more than a month and then rechecking?

I have an appt. with my dr today and I am not sure if I should have my titers redrawn or if I should request one more month of antibiotics for myself, then retest the titers. I have been taking zithromax for one month (first 2 weeks I took 750mg/day and now I am taking 500mg/day)

TIA!

Colleen