ACN Latitudes Forums

PULORIA

Guest Guest_AUDREY

Guest Guest_AUDREY

I AM CURIOUS ABOUT THE FAMILIES WHO TESTED FOR PYLORIA. ARE THE RESULTS IN AND IS ANYONE BEING HELPED THE WAY FJ DESCRIBED? I PLAN TO CALL TOMORROW FOR MY DAUGHTER WHOSE SYMPTOMS WERE SO SIMILAR TO HIS. LET ME HEAR FROM YOU. THANKS!!

We tested positve for pyroluria, but my son only had tics from computer so they were gone anyway. So I can't comment on symptom change. We don't do nearly the doses FJ does though--as Heather put it, I think it is because we 'healed the gut' for better absorption first. Or maybe just different chemistries. We do 125 B6 and 50 mg P5P, plus 25 mg zinc daily, and this keeps the pyroluria in check (based on continued testing to find the minimum). Be careful to watch the B6, Heather's son noticed the tingling--possible neuropathy, and the doses were not high!

I am not sure whether anyone else on this board (at least regular posters) even took the test and showed positive. I am interested too.I think people saw improvement with B6, but never actually took the test.

I do think it is real and read that 30% of kids with adhd have it.

Claire

we tested for PYROLURIA but did not show +ve

However, I have heard from many others that the treatment protocol really helps if you do show +ve.

It is my foirm belief that one should always work UP on supplements....ie start with the minimum dose and gradually work up to the one recommended for whatever condition......different people respond in very different ways to supps, even if they have the same underlying conditions. It is mainly because of variations in metabolism. By gradually dosing up, one can often get maximum benefit on a lower dose, and one doenst risk the overdose symptoms.

We tested fot this, but it was negative. Be careful with how you handle the sample as others here have said if it gets to the lab defrosted you wont get an accurate result.

As an aside, our lab told me they had to chisel off the ice from around our sample so I assume this was not an issue.

Best of luck.

Caz