ACN Latitudes Forums

Antibiotics for Mom

Hi, Dr. B. prescribed antibiotics for me because I tested as a strep carrier. I have been on them for 14 days today. I had a yeast infection in my throat at the beginning of the year because of antibiotics...before PANDAS hit my dd. Dr. B. put me on an antifungal as well at my request. (Thank goodness!) I am beginning to feel really icky on them. My throat was burning today and I really just want to know if I can stop now. There is only 1 day left on them, but I feel like I am really pushing it...like something is looming...major gastritis is what I am thinking. Not good as last time this happened I couldn't swallow anything but liquids and really soft stuff for at least 3 months. I love my dd, and will do absolutely anything for her. I guess what I really need to know from you all is how long have any of you strep carriers been put on antibiotics and did it clear up your carrier status? I feel guilty because I want to stop taking them...I just feel so awful.

Hi, Dr. B. prescribed antibiotics for me because I tested as a strep carrier. I have been on them for 14 days today. I had a yeast infection in my throat at the beginning of the year because of antibiotics...before PANDAS hit my dd. Dr. B. put me on an antifungal as well at my request. (Thank goodness!) I am beginning to feel really icky on them. My throat was burning today and I really just want to know if I can stop now. There is only 1 day left on them, but I feel like I am really pushing it...like something is looming...major gastritis is what I am thinking. Not good as last time this happened I couldn't swallow anything but liquids and really soft stuff for at least 3 months. I love my dd, and will do absolutely anything for her. I guess what I really need to know from you all is how long have any of you strep carriers been put on antibiotics and did it clear up your carrier status? I feel guilty because I want to stop taking them...I just feel so awful.

Do you always feel this way on antibiotics? I am also being treated as a carrier, and the first choice (Augmentin) made me feel horrible (actually brought the strep symptoms to surface), so they had to switch me to something else. Maybe it's the wrong abx for you?

Also, are you taking probiotics? A good quality probiotic will make you feel a lot better and keep the yeast under control.

And, if you are into natural stuff, you could try homeopathy. I am doing both right now, the antibiotics (Biaxin) and the homeopathic stuff. Something's got to work!

I am actually drinking Kefir, and taking probiotics as well..on and off. Maybe I will just switch them to always on. I feel horrible on every antibiotic I have ever been on. I also went on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet which eliminates all grains as well as carbs/sugars except for the simple sugars which are readily absorbed. I thought that would ward off the yeast even better than the probiotics. Nothing for the yeast to eat! Thank you for the response to my post. Much appreciated.