ACN Latitudes Forums

Antibiotics and Continued Use

I have not posted in a long while and have not been actively following posts as my daughter is doing extremely well. She has been on low dose Pen VK for the past year to prevent reinfection. She has a doctor's appointment next week, however, and I am wondering: Should I advocate to continue the Pen VK?

Last year when I posed this question, I was told she should probably remain on it indefinitely.

Thanks!

Edited by emma1

I have not posted in a long while and have not been actively following posts as my daughter is doing extremely well. She has been on low dose Pen VK for the past year to prevent reinfection. She has a doctor's appointment next week, however, and I am wondering: Should I advocate to continue the Pen VK?

Last year when I posed this question, I was told she should probably remain on it indefinitely.

Thanks!

IMO, if she is doing well on something as benign and narrow spectrum as pen vk, I see no reason to stop. The risk of continuing with penVK is very low....vs. the risk of re-igniting PANDAS with a new strep infection.