ACN Latitudes Forums

OCD Autism and Clay Aiken

Hi.

As I said before, I have PDD along with OCD. I am a huge fan of Clay Aiken and sometimes I just get so upset whenever he is sick and I just keep having these pity parties on the fan boards about how I don't get to go to my local Joyful Noise tour concert in San Jose because I will be away for Thanksgiving and the show is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I won't be home until after wards.

Clay was a special ed teacher who worked with children with autism. and has a foundation for it called the Bubel Aiken Foundation.

Are they're any Clay fans here and any adults or parents of adults who have OCD autism?

Guest Guest_Titiana

Hi ClayandJohnForever,

I found Clay only after A.I., however, I do consider myself a fan. I don't have either PDD, OCD, or Autism. The man I am building a future with was diagnosed as having Aspergers Syndrome. As a child the diagnosis was strictly Autism. We have been in a relationship for 7 months now and just picked out rings.

I must admit I knew very little about Clay Aikens for far too long. It was only by accident I found out just the other day that he had been a special Ed teacher at all. Thank you for letting me and I'm sure others here, know that his special Ed experience included those with Autism. I must admit that in these past 7 months Autism and Asperger's Syndrome have become passions of mine. That is one reason I joined this forum.

Thank you for helping keep us informed.

Respectfully yours,

Titiana

• 3 years later...