ACN Latitudes Forums

ds lost tooth today,on steroid,,what can i give?

You can also get a mouthwash/rinse from your dentist that is anti-bacterial. I have a bottle from when I had to get a crown awhile ago and my son uses it when he loses a tooth. It seems to help prevent blips.

You can also get a mouthwash/rinse from your dentist that is anti-bacterial. I have a bottle from when I had to get a crown awhile ago and my son uses it when he loses a tooth. It seems to help prevent blips.

Are "blips" from losing teeth really bad? I'm curious b/c my daughter just lost a tooth on the 3rd of July and we've definitely had a set back this month. We also switched up antibiotics, so I've been blaming it on that. We went back to the original antibiotic last Wed, but she's still not doing great.

I've been wondering about the possible tooth connection since a major exacerbation in April occurred while she had a tooth dangling and then falling out. However, at the time her brother had strep, so I attributed everything to that.

I guess I'm just curious about others who's kids are losing teeth. Does it often lead to an increase in symptoms?

yes...for most of us there is pretty direct correlation to teeth, fill ings, loosing teeth, tmj, cleanings and exasperatoins...

not completely sure why...

bacteria flying everywhere...geting into new openings...???

also during these crucial years..your adlut teeth come in and maybe the trigeminal nerve which runs across your upper and lower jaw..bridge of nose, top of eyebrow and top of ears...and that nerve connects and runs into your vestibular.that goes into your neck/spine might be sending signals???

Just to add to the tooth phenomena--YES, with each of the rapidly lost 4 teeth (last 9 months) our (younger) d has experienced "blips" in behaviors. It may not be noticeable to others, but as family we certainly sees the tie-in to tooth loss. --often a few days prior to the loss.

Us too. Usually a flare right around a lost tooth.

Also, biggest exacerbation ever was a few days after a tooth extraction from the dentist with no prophylactic abx (didn't know he needed them. Now I ask for abx for every dental visit).

Just to add to the tooth phenomena--YES, with each of the rapidly lost 4 teeth (last 9 months) our (younger) d has experienced "blips" in behaviors. It may not be noticeable to others, but as family we certainly sees the tie-in to tooth loss. --often a few days prior to the loss.

Us too. Usually a flare right around a lost tooth.

Also, biggest exacerbation ever was a few days after a tooth extraction from the dentist with no prophylactic abx (didn't know he needed them. Now I ask for abx for every dental visit).