ACN Latitudes Forums

? After IVIG

After IVIG, do you try to isolate your child so that their immune systems calms down? or do you expose them to everything while they are protected with extra immune cells? (like baby during breast feeding)

What do the pandas doctors think?

After IVIG, do you try to isolate your child so that their immune systems calms down? or do you expose them to everything while they are protected with extra immune cells? (like baby during breast feeding)

What do the pandas doctors think?

Dr. K will say "no" regular schedule/regular activity..... but we did go in May and he said "if there is such thing as perfect time for ivig, this would be it." Maybe he meant healing time before the demands of school, but I think he meant time to heal before strep season and classroom germs galore. That being said, one can get sick anytime, anywhere; he doesn't want these kids in a bubble or their already stressed-out parents worrying too much about things they really can't completely control. But if you know folks are sick, stay away from them! I kept my dd10 home right afterwards, but it was mostly bcs she would have been returning to final exams; she didn't need that stress, her teacher didn't need it and I certainly didn't either!!!

There is a post on here somewhere that talks about the ideal time for ivig and there was debate. Some felt the fall would be a good time if ivig is supposed to "retrain" the system, it should be challenged. But I think more took give the immune system 'time to heal' angle.