ACN Latitudes Forums

Which medicine & amount it is recommended for steroid burst?

My Ds8 is 55 lb. Thanks!

prednisone or prednisolone

I don't have experience with Dr. K's 5 day protocol...so I don't know the doses.

My daughter took pred for a month--twice. The first time she was approx 42lbs and her highest dose (1st week) was 20mg broken into (2) 10mg in the am & pm.

The second time she was about 50lbs and her highest dose (1st week) was 30mg broken into (2) 15mg in the am & pm.

The tapering was a little different each time...but generally after each of the next three weeks the dose gets cut in half and/or every other day the last week or so...

I hope this is helpful.

My Ds8 is 55 lb. Thanks!

prednisone or prednisolone

I don't have experience with Dr. K's 5 day protocol...so I don't know the doses.

My daughter took pred for a month--twice. The first time she was approx 42lbs and her highest dose (1st week) was 20mg broken into (2) 10mg in the am & pm.

The second time she was about 50lbs and her highest dose (1st week) was 30mg broken into (2) 15mg in the am & pm.

The tapering was a little different each time...but generally after each of the next three weeks the dose gets cut in half and/or every other day the last week or so...

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you Karen, very much for your response.

I was reading your posts, because I was wondering what was the treatment for your daughter, since it is the first time that I see that someone gets more steroid than 5 days.

We are currently been treated by Dr T. that he's not so responsive lately, and we don't know how to proceed.

It makes very sense to me to do the steroid for more than 5 days, and see if there are improvements, before rushing to IVIG.