ACN Latitudes Forums

Augmentin and Zithromax simultaneously

Has anyone been told to give both at the same time? I *think* that's what we were told to do, but I can't get confirmation and I am not going to do it until I am sure that's what was prescribed.

I was told to switch him from azith to Augmenting, so DS8 went of azith two days ago and onto Augmentin (500 mg 2x day). I think things are getting worse. I am seeing a tongue-movement tic that is pretty worrisome to me -- he keeps sticking it out, but sort of sideways. He's had a tongue thrust one before, but not like this.

I'm out of azith, so I can't even really switch back at this time.

Any thoughts, anyone, please? He was doing so well.

Thanks.

We,ve done both. It was after we had success with rifampin/aumentin and we wanted to do it again shortly after, but Allie's pediatrician felt that the rifampin was too hard on the liver to do it too much, so he switched to zith/aumentin for a couple of weeks. Then we just went back to the zith only. Augmentin always gives Allie massive yeast problems (vaginal inferno). Zith helps w/ intracellular organisms and aug. w/ extracellular- so that's why the combo.

Thanks.

He's 76 pounds, and if I did both, he'd be on 1000 Augmentin and 500 mg zith. each day. Is that similar to what you did?

And, did you spread them throughout the day?

Also, the tongue tic that's coming through seems to be only when reading, which is when all of his tics break through. However, he is a total bookworm and would read all day long if he could, so it's sometimes hard to judge. But we just spent half an hour playing a game and I saw almost nothing. So, that's good news.

We,ve done both. It was after we had success with rifampin/aumentin and we wanted to do it again shortly after, but Allie's pediatrician felt that the rifampin was too hard on the liver to do it too much, so he switched to zith/aumentin for a couple of weeks. Then we just went back to the zith only. Augmentin always gives Allie massive yeast problems (vaginal inferno). Zith helps w/ intracellular organisms and aug. w/ extracellular- so that's why the combo.

He's 76 pounds, and if I did both, he'd be on 1000 Augmentin and 500 mg zith. each day. Is that similar to what you did?

Yes, that's the same doses we gave. My daughter weighed @ 100lbs at the time. Except for the yeast, she did well on it. In fact after we went back to zith and got the yeast under control, she had improved considerably. Its hard to see improvement during yeast.

How can I tell if a boy has yeast? Or, I can put him on candida clear or other OTC just in case?

Yes, that's the same doses we gave. My daughter weighed @ 100lbs at the time. Except for the yeast, she did well on it. In fact after we went back to zith and got the yeast under control, she had improved considerably. Its hard to see improvement during yeast.

I've often wondered how you could tell with boys! Of course there are the behavioral things- the punchy giggling and hyperactivity, but it hard to tease that apart from the PANDAS behavior sometimes.

How can I tell if a boy has yeast? Or, I can put him on candida clear or other OTC just in case?

For my son, his tummy sticks out. He isn't overweight, but when the little round tummy appears, that's yeast (along with substantial worsening of symptoms like crying, aggressiveness, and anger.) Right now I give 2 candida clear and one Nature's Way Grapefruit seed extract morning and night to keep it in line.