ACN Latitudes Forums

Bee Pollen

My son has had more trouble with allergies than ever in the past. It seems to coincide with since PANDAS onset. Anyway he has been going through allergy testing and so far has shown an allergy to ragweed and mold. Not too uncommon but I've read that local honey helps with allergies so thought it couldn't hurt.

We went to a fair tonight, a local farmer had honey so we were going to get some, farmer instead convinced me that Bee Pollen gave same benefit without the sugar intake.

Since so many of you use alternative treatments and are more well versed in all of it than me I just wanted to see if anyone has any knowledge about the use of Bee pollen. Also since our kids seem to react weirdly, or are triggered by so many things that don't bother others I just wanted to be sure this won't adversely effect DS.

Thanks!

Becky

My girlfirend, a firm believer in only holistic treatments regularly gets a quarter of a honeycomb at a local organic farm. Her little ones suck the honey out. Those two grow like weeds and have never been sick sick in 8 years. She does the entire bit, homeschool, organic vegan diet etc KWIM and shes never really used anyting higher than Tylenol for any illness her kids might have had. So yes, raw honey and pee pollen do have benefits for allergies. My girlfriend mentions she needs to make sure its local flower honey she's getting, the more allergenic the flower the better results the honey gives her since she has tons of allergies her side of the family and growing up could never afford or knew about bee pollen. The farmer should be able to give that info and you shouid be able to trust him on that. I personally just buy the organic groceries from that farm and have never tried the honey. I prefer pasteurized myself. Just wanted to give you the info. Regards- Jodie

i have tried using it...no worsening..

i don't know if it helped....

theory is...use a teaspoon or tablespoon every day...and start now for allergy season...and use all year long....(of cours i forget more than a week at a time)

Maybe i should give it a go again...

Don't get pasturized.....you want the pollens...raw unfiltered if possible

you can get a big a jar as you want ..it won't go bad....ever...

We use raw honey from a local farm. We try to stay away from sugar as that seems to make my sons tics worse so I would be interested in the bee pollen approach. I was told by a naturopathic dr that it is better to eat foods grown locally, even better if organic, because our bodies do better with things that have grown in the same environment that we have. I think that makes alot of sense so I try to buy local every time I can and stay away from things grown in Mexico and other parts far away.

My girlfirend, a firm believer in only holistic treatments regularly gets a quarter of a honeycomb at a local organic farm. Her little ones suck the honey out. Those two grow like weeds and have never been sick sick in 8 years. She does the entire bit, homeschool, organic vegan diet etc KWIM and shes never really used anyting higher than Tylenol for any illness her kids might have had. So yes, raw honey and pee pollen do have benefits for allergies. My girlfriend mentions she needs to make sure its local flower honey she's getting, the more allergenic the flower the better results the honey gives her since she has tons of allergies her side of the family and growing up could never afford or knew about bee pollen. The farmer should be able to give that info and you shouid be able to trust him on that. I personally just buy the organic groceries from that farm and have never tried the honey. I prefer pasteurized myself. Just wanted to give you the info. Regards- Jodie