ACN Latitudes Forums

Back from Dr B

He is building a infussion center.I think it will be done in aug.did your insurance cover the infusion? Are you in conn?

Melanie

Dr B patients where did you do the infusion?

I spoke with Louise yesterday, and the infusion center should be complete and ready to take patients the week after next (week of 7/19). This, barring any delays. This will be at the Darien office.

Karen

That's right, I forgot about the infusion center. I think I am subconsiously blocking it out of my mind because we will never be in it because of stupid insurance!!!!

Did Dr B try to get the insurance to cover it?

Did Dr B try to get the insurance to cover it?

Yes, he told us we are only the 2nd person that he could not get covered. My son's bloodwork does not show that he has an immune deficiency. He is autoimmune. Don't ask me what the difference is. Anyway, UHC/Oxford believes IVIG is expiermental and investigational and will not cover. We are in the process of appeal to the CT. state insurance commission, but as with everything else in this PANDAS world, I'm not holding my breath. Already paid for the first IVIG out of pocket, can't do another one. We are 6 weeks post IVIG and I do have to say we are better, but no where near 100%. We will have to hope that with more time we will see more improvment and we find the right combo of antibiotics that will sustain a remission for him.

Good luck, you are in good hands with Dr. B. (and Louise) :blink:

Did Dr B do 1.5? Did he tell you you were going to need more than 1 infusion? Sorry but how much was it?

Melanie