ACN Latitudes Forums

HE DID IT!

CSP

I'm about ready to jump out of my skin!

My son came home with 2 Certificates awarded to him by the Commonwealth of Virginia for the completion of course requirements by the Virginia Department of Fire Programs.

You all have shared so much of the ups and downs of the past 4 1/2 years with us that I feel as if you are apart of this. Thank you all for the prayers, support, and the friendships. I really do believe this board has helped me to calm my fears and relax enough to let my son be who God wanted him to be.

Chemar, I know what you do here is all worth the time and effort just to hear stories like this. Your constant encouragement will never be forgotten, and you will forever be apart of my memory.

Faith, I can't tell you how much our chats have meant to me, and I can't wait for your son to do great things. I may never meet you here on earth, but I know God will introduce us and then I will give you a big (((((((((((HUG)))))))))).

Bonnie, I'm so glad we have had the chance to meet and I know your son is going to to great things, I can just tell by meeting him, such a gentleman.

Caryn and Kim, you both have been a great help to the board and to me. Helping with odd questions that at the time just seemed to need to be answered.

4 1/2 years ago I began a journey that left me in great pain, and I came here to seek comfort. I remember telling you all I had learned that the word compassion came from 2 Latin words that meant "To Suffer With." I know that is how we all feel about our children, and sometimes the parents are the one who suffer the most.

I clearly see my journey...my TS journey... my spiritual journey... came from the suffering of one, for the healing of another.

On July 29th he will graduate from fire school and I know on that day my emotions will be sky high... but this time when my body cries uncontrollable... it won't be because of pain... only joy.

Thank you, and God bless you,

CP

Congratulations to you and your son! I can only imagine how proud you are of him. I think we all have to learn just what you said and that is to "relax enough to let our kid's be who God wants them to be".

So happy for your family - :)

~Lynn

(((CP)))

I can't tell you in words how happy I am to hear all you have said. I am so proud of you and your son. to see that you have so much joy at this point really gives me so much hope. sometimes I lose it, I admit, but you are helping me to hold onto it a little longer. I am grateful to have you too. thanks for your joyous posting...

luv,

Faith

I'm about ready to jump out of my skin!

My son came home with 2 Certificates awarded to him by the Commonwealth of Virginia for the completion of course requirements by the Virginia Department of Fire Programs.

You all have shared so much of the ups and downs of the past 4 1/2 years with us that I feel as if you are apart of this. Thank you all for the prayers, support, and the friendships. I really do believe this board has helped me to calm my fears and relax enough to let my son be who God wanted him to be.

Chemar, I know what you do here is all worth the time and effort just to hear stories like this. Your constant encouragement will never be forgotten, and you will forever be apart of my memory.

Faith, I can't tell you how much our chats have meant to me, and I can't wait for your son to do great things. I may never meet you here on earth, but I know God will introduce us and then I will give you a big (((((((((((HUG)))))))))).

Bonnie, I'm so glad we have had the chance to meet and I know your son is going to to great things, I can just tell by meeting him, such a gentleman.

Caryn and Kim, you both have been a great help to the board and to me. Helping with odd questions that at the time just seemed to need to be answered.

4 1/2 years ago I began a journey that left me in great pain, and I came here to seek comfort. I remember telling you all I had learned that the word compassion came from 2 Latin words that meant "To Suffer With." I know that is how we all feel about our children, and sometimes the parents are the one who suffer the most.

I clearly see my journey...my TS journey... my spiritual journey... came from the suffering of one, for the healing of another.

On July 29th he will graduate from fire school and I know on that day my emotions will be sky high... but this time when my body cries uncontrollable... it won't be because of pain... only joy.

Thank you, and God bless you,

CP

That's wonderful!!! So glad to hear it went well. We'll be in your neck of the woods in September again so we hope to see you guys soon!

Bonnie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Graduation was beautiful, and after some 300 hours of training it was music to my ears to hear the words "Firefighter" in front of my 16yo son's name. You all as well as the parents from the PANDAS forum filled my mind for a short while as I thought about all the heartbreak we put ourselves through wondering what will become of our children. I watched my son walk onto stage to recieve what looks like a diploma, dressed in blues with a badge on his chest, patches on his shoulders, and pins on the coller. My memory took me back to the year we spent watching our son scream every second. If only you all knew the magnitude of his vocal tics, you would understand how much hope I have for your children.

The other thing I wanted to tell you all was he did not pass his firefighter 2 test. This test is not required to graduate, but must be passed at some point. What I thought you all would find intresting is we did not know since he has an IEP for school he could have had someone read the questions to him. We are setting this up for him after he takes 20 more hours of Firefighter 2 then retakes that test. He does not feel bad for failing because 16 out of 34 students failed this test, and since he was the youngest in the class he had never taken a test before where 3 out of the 4 answers are right only one is correct.

Bonnie, looking forward to your visit, I'm sure my son will take your little buddy on a tour of the firehouse.

CP