ACN Latitudes Forums

Staterra

Update: My dd (10) was found to have MycoP in February...has been treating with Biaxin ever since and we now are back 90% or so. We are not going to be repeating the Biaxin again, at least not for a while. What does anyone think about Staterra? Is it able to help once OCD subsides considerably to kind of give that final push? Or does it only help with hyperactivity? She is definitely not hyperactive, but very very disorganized and forgetful....almost spacy. Does not pay attention to detail at all. Would love everyones' thoughts.

Kim

Update: My dd (10) was found to have MycoP in February...has been treating with Biaxin ever since and we now are back 90% or so. We are not going to be repeating the Biaxin again, at least not for a while. What does anyone think about Staterra? Is it able to help once OCD subsides considerably to kind of give that final push? Or does it only help with hyperactivity? She is definitely not hyperactive, but very very disorganized and forgetful....almost spacy. Does not pay attention to detail at all. Would love everyones' thoughts.

Kim

We've not used Straterra, but our DS13 is taking a similar non-stimulant ADHD med called Intuniv. It has definitely helped with his focus and multi-step processing. He used to need to be prodded for every "next step" in whatever process he was engaged in . . . everything from getting ready for school to coming to the table for dinner. He'd just lose track, daydreaming or getting distracted by some other thought or thoughts. The Intuniv really seems to have helped that, so I'm guessing the Straterra would have a similar effect. I know neither Straterra nor Intuniv work for every kid, though. It might be something you just try to see where it takes you. In our case, we saw a change within about 3 days.