ACN Latitudes Forums

Upcoming t&a -NO fish oil supplements!

Yes, I stopped my daughters' fish oil a few weeks before their surgeries...the office didn't tell me specifically, but their instructions were anything that is anti-inflammatory...so keep that in mind because there are a lot of things that fall under that category...fish oil, curcumin, advil, prednisone.

7upMom, I'm hoping everything goes off without a hitch!!

Yes, my DS just had this surgery a week & a half ago and he too had to stop his fish oil. I have not restarted either until the 2 weeks are up since I knew it had to do with bleeding and so many of the restrictions are for the same reason and last 2 weeks.

Good luck with your son's T&A. My ds has done beautifully with recovery. Day 3 was the roughest as predicted but otherwise he has fared well. I am so glad we had it done since there were "pus pockets" as the doctor put it on the backside of his tonsils that he said were just filled with infection. His assumption being strep.

I am beyond nervous, not for the surgery really, but about after. He just had strep 2 wks ago and still not back to where he was after ivig. So I am very nervous about what we are going to see. They are going to do iv antibiotics though and Dr K said a steroid burst after to try to get him back to stable again.

Tomorrow our whole family goes in for family titer check- We should have done this a long time ago, but think I drug my feet because our family is so large when thats the main reason it should have been top on our list!!

His psych dr is saying possible tourettes diagnosis also and wants us to keep in mind medication tenex. He understands PANDAS and believes in it, but thinks the ivig should have at least touched the tics, he is waiting to see what the steroid burst does and thinks if it doesn't touch the tics at all that he has also tourettes, his theory- if it were tics from PANDAS either ivig or steroid burst should have touched them some- MY theory is I want to make sure before he is given a diagnosis of tourettes that he is not reacting to someone being a carrier.

We are just praying we don't make things all the worse with the t&a