ACN Latitudes Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lilac_aura

aspergers teen sexualy inapropriate behavour

l am a mother of a 13 year old boy with asperger's and OCD ...............

over the last 6 months he has became fixated on sex and females and his behavour is becoming very worrying ,lve had to let his female carer go as he was being very sexual toward her both verbally and in actions trying to touch her

the school phoned and said the girls in his class have complained that hes staring at them in a sexual mannor l dont know how to make him understand ...

lve spoken to him several times and he just doeaent get it lm getting very worried that he might try and touch a girl sexually at school .his teacher said he just cant control himself what should l do .what can l do to prevent a serous insident can anyone give advice who have a teen who showed this kind of behavour

my email is (jackjack26@hotmail.com)

Hi there~

I don't have a teenager in your situation - I have suggestion instead. <_<

Contacting his guidance counselor or school psychologist might be helpful. They are used to dealing with interactions between kids, so maybe they can help. If the school calls again to tell you this has happened, ask them if they have any suggestions, too.

Another option is talking to his teacher. When I was teaching and there was a student struggling with a particular behavior, I sometimes talked with the other kids in the class to let them know what was going on and to ask for their help and understanding. I can't think of a time that they weren't supportive. :D

It can be scary to think that you have to handle this all on your own, so enlist the help of professionals who can help and maybe you'll get some more ideas.

Love,

~Mona

Hi...I'm not professional on this subject...I'm just a 17 year old girl dating a 19 year old with Asperger's...But I also am in a Early Childhood program where I work with kids who are in preschool for 4 hours a day..they are all on the autistic spectrum..some worse then others..I know that ur son is obviously way older then the kids I work with...But I can tell u what I would do with my one of my kids(it might help)...I would tell him that this makes the girl feel bad...and then ask him if he likes it when some1 makes him feel bad...Now the hopeful reply would be No he does not like it (hopefully not all kids or the same)...Then ask him if he wants to make the girl feel like that (hopefully he will say no..like I said not all are the same...) and if he does say no..then expalin how its okay to be curiouse but it makes the said person uncomftorble and it makes them feel bad when he is that blunt with it and explain appropriateness with it ( that might be hard) and that he needs to keep it appropiate as not to hurt any1s feelings...

like i said this is just a stab in the dark...that works with some of my kids...with others they just don't grasp the whole concept ... it dosn't make them bad kids...its just hard for them...I bet if u talk to the right person..U will find a method to the madness..and everything will be fine...

!!GOOD LUCK!!!

over the last 6 months he has became fixated on sex and females and his behavour is becoming very worrying ,lve had to let his female carer go as he was being very sexual toward her both verbally and in actions trying to touch her

the school phoned and said the girls in his class have complained that hes staring at them in a sexual mannor l dont know how to make him understand ...

lve spoken to him several times and he just doeaent get it lm getting very worried that he might try and touch a girl sexually at school .his teacher said he just cant control himself what should l do .what can l do to prevent a serous insident can anyone give advice who have a teen who showed this kind of behavour

Hi. I am new to this site..but i read your question and started to cry cause this is my son also. I love him with all of my being. but the sexual behaviors has me scared. I was sexually abused as a child and to have a son that seems to be heading down the path of a perpatrator is very scary. I know that is is not his fault to some extent because of the condition but I have called everyone from his school, the company that provides his wrap around services and all the way to CYS. I even took him down to the crisis center at the local hospital in hopes that somebody could give me advice. I was turned away from all of them. Children and youth told me that i should lock myself in my bedroom at night if i couldnt keep my son out of my room while i was sleeping.

I find it all very frustrating. My son is the most wonderful child. He just is very disturbed and needs help. but how do find help when u are a single mom and everyone u call turns u away?

my email (dontbugme92@aol.com)

I am new here, but I wanted to suggest classical homeopathy which can help to curb excessive sexual manifestations. I imagine that it is very confusing for your son to have the sensory experiences of puberty with limited social awareness of "appropriate" expression of these natural feelings. Our son is five and has episodes of masturbation which are decreased significantly with appropriate classical homeopathy. We see a professional homeopathic educator for proper proscribing. Homeopathy is mind/body/behavior based holistic health care with all natural products which are quite safe for children and adults.

Best wishes,

Pat

I know your topic is a few years old but my daughter found this site last night I could not believe that I was not alone, my son is 22 (has aspergers and ocd)and showing what I thought was sick sexual behaviour. for me it seemed like the last straw until I come accross this. My son was expelled from normal high school because he had a fettish with babies nappies and kept pulling the girls dresses up to see what they were wearing, with o other alternative we put him in a special school where he accademically went backwards, now I have just caught him with babies nappies, dry nights for adults and a baby bottle,bib and dummy, I was devastated, I have just taken him to the doctors thinking he was being molested and he is undergoing tests for sexual health, he swears he found these sites on the internet and was masterbating into the nappies in the bush alone, I did give him some degree of independence where he would go bush walking in our local area alone, ( we like in a very protected little valley where we all know each other, My doctor wants him to go to a mental health ward in the hospital, I nearly let her but now I know that this does happen with aspergers, maybe I will like him again.

I know your topic is a few years old but my daughter found this site last night I could not believe that I was not alone, my son is 22 (has aspergers and ocd)and showing what I thought was sick sexual behaviour. for me it seemed like the last straw until I come accross this. My son was expelled from normal high school because he had a fettish with babies nappies and kept pulling the girls dresses up to see what they were wearing, with o other alternative we put him in a special school where he accademically went backwards, now I have just caught him with babies nappies, dry nights for adults and a baby bottle,bib and dummy, I was devastated, I have just taken him to the doctors thinking he was being molested and he is undergoing tests for sexual health, he swears he found these sites on the internet and was masterbating into the nappies in the bush alone, I did give him some degree of independence where he would go bush walking in our local area alone, ( we like in a very protected little valley where we all know each other, My doctor wants him to go to a mental health ward in the hospital, I nearly let her but now I know that this does happen with aspergers, maybe I will like him again.

Omg !! My 13 year old is going thru similar  situations and I thought I was alone. I'm trying to help him also and I fear he will end up sick , dead or in jail .. I'm scared for my two other kids who are 3 and 4 . I don't sleep at night anymore.. I'm going this Wednesday to a new mental health place to see if they can help me . I just want insight on this and I'm trying to get help for him before it's too late . 😫