ACN Latitudes Forums

We chickened out from the surgery

You know my son has had strep at LEAST 3 times since September with a bought of PANDAS following each one. IVIG following two of the times, and recovery following IVIG both times. We're in a fairly good place. We were going to get his tonsils out as a 'preventative' from future strep, but I'M EXHAUSTED! And I'm not willing to risk surgery or anesthesia to trigger anything again. He's been good for just a month and a half now. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me, but you get to the point of almost 'unltimate walking on eggshells', you're just so happy to have a calm house again you really protect it.

You know my son has had strep at LEAST 3 times since September with a bought of PANDAS following each one. IVIG following two of the times, and recovery following IVIG both times. We're in a fairly good place. We were going to get his tonsils out as a 'preventative' from future strep, but I'M EXHAUSTED! And I'm not willing to risk surgery or anesthesia to trigger anything again. He's been good for just a month and a half now. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me, but you get to the point of almost 'unltimate walking on eggshells', you're just so happy to have a calm house again you really protect it.

I don't blame you..having a calm house for once is a great thing..

Tracie

What a hard decision!! We have t&a in two weeks, and if my son hadn't caught strep last week and went downhill I might have done the exact same thing as you.

There is nothing like having your child back though and being able to enjoy your family again!