ACN Latitudes Forums

I found a walk in blood lab! No RX needed - National Chain

Thought I would share this info....

I went to CVS walk in for a sinus infection today. I ask the nurse if they would test me for Myco Plasma. My non pandas daughter's result came back high, so we are testing both her again and my Pandas son. I want to test myself just to see if I was exposed and I'm not feeling well lately. The nurse said she couldn't test without reason, BUT the walk-in lab across the street does blood lab work.

I immediately ran across the street and sure enough, it's a walk in lab that will test anything you request. They use Labcorp and Quest. I gave them the test for Myco Pneum IGG and they pulled the blood. I should have results in 24 hours. It cost me $79.00.

I think this is awesome for the situations when you don't want to fight with a doctor for blood work. They also will pull blood with any kit you bring in (ie Cunningham Test)

Hopefully this information will help some parents! It's called Any Lab Test Now!

http://www.anylabtestnow.com/

*Hope this isn't against forum policy to referral a business, but I think this is a good thing.

I went to CVS walk in for a sinus infection today. I ask the nurse if they would test me for Myco Plasma. My non pandas daughter's result came back high, so we are testing both her again and my Pandas son. I want to test myself just to see if I was exposed and I'm not feeling well lately. The nurse said she couldn't test without reason, BUT the walk-in lab across the street does blood lab work.

I immediately ran across the street and sure enough, it's a walk in lab that will test anything you request. They use Labcorp and Quest. I gave them the test for Myco Pneum IGG and they pulled the blood. I should have results in 24 hours. It cost me $79.00.

I think this is awesome for the situations when you don't want to fight with a doctor for blood work. They also will pull blood with any kit you bring in (ie Cunningham Test)

Hopefully this information will help some parents! It's called Any Lab Test Now!

*Hope this isn't against forum policy to referral a business, but I think this is a good thing.

I have never seen anything like this! What a great idea and very helpful for families in our position!!! Thanks for sharing!

very useful information.... Thanks for sharing.. and it looks like there is one with in an hour from me.... this will be good to know when I don't want to fight with the doctor.

Shannon,

I could not find strep titers OR Myco-p testing listed on their website. I sent them the following message to see if I could get more info:

Hello, I live in PA and would like to get strep titers run on myself, specifically ASO and anti-DNAse B. I don't see those listed anywhere but since your name is AnyLabTest NOW! I thought I'd ask. If this can be done, I'd like to know where and how much does it cost. I would also like to know the reference range the lab uses, so not just positive or negative, but what is the "tilt" measure.

Thanks!

Perhaps this is something they can do, but don't list because not that many people would be asking for? And I don't want to do it if I can't get a reference range better than "positive or negative." Did I ask the right questions?

Edited by JAG10

Shannon,

I could not find strep titers OR Myco-p testing listed on their website. I sent them the following message to see if I could get more info:

Hello, I live in PA and would like to get strep titers run on myself, specifically ASO and anti-DNAse B. I don't see those listed anywhere but since your name is AnyLabTest NOW! I thought I'd ask. If this can be done, I'd like to know where and how much does it cost. I would also like to know the reference range the lab uses, so not just positive or negative, but what is the "tilt" measure.

Thanks!

Perhaps this is something they can do, but don't list because not that many people would be asking for? And I don't want to do it if I can't get a reference range better than "positive or negative." Did I ask the right questions?

Hey,

I was just there again this morning testing my son for a throat culture for strep A and B. Their website just advertises the popular labtest. They have the Quest and Prolab complete Lab manuel/directory and will look up any test you want done. They will also call a lab technician or csr for additional lab codes if needed.... just walk in or call if you have questions or for the price. The one in Orlando has been very helpful.

Just an fyi....my Pandas son, daughter and myself all test high on the Myco Plasma IGG. We all started Abx today as a precaution. Make sure to ask for both the IGM and IGG.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

• 2 weeks later...

AnyLabTestNow finally got back to me. Here is the info on Strep titer testing:

DNase-B Antibody $193

Preschool ≤1:60 Titer

School ≤1:170 Titer

Adult ≤1:85 Titer

Anti-Streptolysin O Antibody (ASO) $49

≤17 Years <150 IU/mL

>17 Years ≤200 IU/mL

They were nice enough to attach a $10 off coupon, not sure how I could post that, but if you PM me your email, I could send it to you.