ACN Latitudes Forums

Rage who has it who doesn't

I am just wondering, I read about a lot of our children having the rages and a lot of times it seems that Mycoplasma is involved.

I wonder if we could sound off here just to get an idea if it is just children with Mycoplasma P that have the rages?

If Mycoplasma P comes up on your blood test is it high Igg or Igm?

If Mycoplasma does not show up for you and you have rages could you also respond.

I will start. Mycoplasma P High Igg negative Igm Yes rages.

Thanks.

Kay

Edited by Kay

No mycoplasma, no rages. Just tics.

I am just wondering, I read about a lot of our children having the rages and a lot of times it seems that Mycoplasma is involved.

I wonder if we could sound off here just to get an idea if it is just children with Mycoplasma P that have the rages?

If Mycoplasma does not show up for you and you have rages could you also respond.

Thanks.

Kay

Negative on mycoplasma. Normal Igg and Igm levels.

For us, rages came with severe exacerbations. Haven't seen any major ones since pex last summer. A few 30 second flairs under stressful conditions, but extremely well controlled by DS. I credit pex and CBT (and maturity).

But I do understand that certain infections, including Lyme (and maybe mycoP?) can trigger rages. So it could be the cause for some. Just not for DS.

Both of my boys at times have rages. With DS5 it was linked to a klebsiella (gut bacteria) infection. With DS2 (tantrums/severe aggression) it is linked to strep and ESPECIALLY clostridia infection. Vanco takes the rages away if not strep related. By the way, these things developed due to long-term high dose abx, so in treating pandas we ended up with much worse problems. We have those infections under control now.

DS5 tested normal for myco, did not have DS2 tested for myco.

9 y/o very violent severe rages daily up to IVIG. Self harm and then harm to others in the family also during rages. Very sorrowful and apologetic after. Rages returned last week due to a current strep infection. Pre IVIG- Tested for mycoplasma and results came back stating " no mycoplasma p antibodies detected" they told me that was a negative.

I've never tested DS for myco P. He is not ragey but mine are elevated right now from an upper resp infection a few months ago.

Thanks.

Kay

We haven't had dd tested for mycoplasma yet but she definitely has rages. Like Stephanie, we see the rages increase with clostridia. That stuff is nasty! We had the clostridia long before we ever used any form of antibiotics and the only way we've been able to keep it under control is with hyperbaric oxygen treatments.

-Amber

So it is just looking like any type of infection can cause the rage. Ok thanks for all the responses. I am just trying to get my mind wrapped around this. We haven't treated for this yet, high igg. I go back and forth and think at some point we will, just wondered if that was the only thing that caused the rages but you all have helped me see it is not... so I will toss it around some more. thanks.