ACN Latitudes Forums

Happy News!

I THINK that the azithromycin is starting to work! This may seem a strange gauge for this deduction, however, if you knew how opposed my son has been to this for the past several years, you'd understand...

HE WENT FOR A WALK WITH ME!!! THREE TIMES AROUND THE BLOCK!!! I couldn't believe it. He just said, "Sure, ok."

Not one meltdown or rage fit

Layed on his bed just relaxing

:)

I THINK that the azithromycin is starting to work! This may seem a strange gauge for this deduction, however, if you knew how opposed my son has been to this for the past several years, you'd understand...

HE WENT FOR A WALK WITH ME!!! THREE TIMES AROUND THE BLOCK!!! I couldn't believe it. He just said, "Sure, ok."

This is great news!!!!! Celebrate and hug yourself for being such a wonderful Mom and fighting for him! I am sure he is improving because of all your hard detective work. He is so lucky to have you as his Mom. Congratulations and I hope the good news continues!!!!!

Wonderful!!!! My daughter is improving on Azithromycin as well!!! She backslid for a few days, but then started to get better again!!! I think she backslid because I was giving her a probiotic that contained magnesium at the same time as the Azithromycin. Apparently magnesium makes it so the Azithromycin isn't absorbed as well. I didn't realize it was in the probiotic!

So happy to hear your daughter is improving as well. I went back and read your posts, and then I start wondering... oh my, why do I feel we have any problem compared to what you and so many others have going!!!

:lol:

Wonderful!!!! My daughter is improving on Azithromycin as well!!! She backslid for a few days, but then started to get better again!!! I think she backslid because I was giving her a probiotic that contained magnesium at the same time as the Azithromycin. Apparently magnesium makes it so the Azithromycin isn't absorbed as well. I didn't realize it was in the probiotic!

Wow, the things that make me say "really? now I need to check one more thing that I give her"

Tracie

:lol:

Yeah!!!

What a great feeling for you and I am sure him as well.

Tracie

I'm curious too. We do magnesium supplements. Did you read it somewhere?

How did you know that magnesium causes a problem with absorption? I give him a probiotic as well. Guess I should look, although they are given at different times obviously. Huh...

OH SO HAPPY for you....

i know tude, behavior have been big issues for you.......

isn't it nice not to fight...or walk on eggshells(every minute).(again ours are just moments of such things...not hours(just 1 or 2 times))

sorry...i know you've mentioned this....but its hard to keep my own story straight.....

other than a high cam k.....did your ds currently have other high numbers....did you say myco p.....

how did you come to decide azith......

Since my son's strep titers are nonexistent, but he has a very high IgG to Mycoplasma, our doc put him on azithromycin (since he had already been on biaxin 30 days), which will deal with both strep and mycoplasma.

Our biggest issues now are anxiety about doing new things, anxiety related to school work (HUGE), and self care (getting to the toilet in a timely fashion, brushing teeth, showering)

other than a high cam k.....did your ds currently have other high numbers....did you say myco p.....

how did you come to decide azith......