ACN Latitudes Forums

Discouraged/Fearful

You mentioned your dh has bipolar. Could it be strep? Has he been tested? Wouldn't it be great if a dose of abx stopped the mood swings?

He has not been tested but has strep multiple times per year as well as is on antibiotics quite often. Hmmm...I'll have to think about this. I've wanted all of us to get tested....Also it doesn't seem as though as he is as sick now that he no longer lives with us and between the kids and myself being a teacher that could have been a factor. I guess this is one more reason to push for the family being tested.

It'd be cool if you could get a CaM kinase ll on former dh as well. I would say it is very unusual for an adult to get strep several times a year. I've gotten strep once (that I know of) as an adult, and my doc thought it was odd that I got strep (being an adult).

You might ask Dr. Cunningham if you submit 2 samples at the same time (son and dh) if the price is $400 (or more). I think quite a bit of the cost is shipping...so if you ship both together the cost might be reasonable for the 2nd sample.

I'm assuming your former dh is genetically the father of your PANDAS child?

Edited by EAMom

Oil of Oregano, along with Pau D'arco, are very common in herbal anti-candida supplements. I took an herbal anti-candida myself and wasn't familiar with the Herx reaction, and couldn't figure out why I was so sick for almost 14 days...until I figured it all out. Apparently I was taking too much at once. Nonetheless, indicates that it works!

It'd be cool if you could get a CaM kinase ll on former dh as well. I would say it is very unusual for an adult to get strep several times a year. I've gotten strep once (that I know of) as an adult, and my doc thought it was odd that I got strep (being an adult).

You might ask Dr. Cunningham if you submit 2 samples at the same time (son and dh) if the price is $400 (or more). I think quite a bit of the cost is shipping...so if you ship both together the cost might be reasonable for the 2nd sample.

I'm assuming your former dh is genetically the father of your PANDAS child?

My husband (who does have a slight tic) gets strep every year, if not a couple times a year..

i wish we were in a postiion like a couple of years ago where an additional 400 to test dh was not a difficult decesion...

but i feel like my husband has a full life,,,,careear, wife, kids...

right now i will need 400 for an office visit for doc b or what ever!!!