ACN Latitudes Forums

Stimming vs complex tics

Claire

Thanks for the info...I will look it up. What probiotic did Pfeiffer recommend...this one? I really feel like Cameron needs the P5P to utilize the B6. He really responds to it so I would worry that he would not be able to use a precursor. What do you think about that? Since we have started over that only thing he is on is the Flax seed oil from Body Bio. Since taking him off vitamins, moving, new paint, we are having an awful time. He has been very aggressive with me and his sister. It's pretty disturbing. He has always been a child who is impulsive and needs to be watched closely on the playground, but now I'm scared to take him anywhere. He is also have a terrible time with transitions (won't get in the car, then won't get out of the car)...total standoffs just like before we discovered all the allergies and started vitamins.

I thought the next step would be the digestive enzymes because he stools are showing he is not breaking down food very well, and this may alter the vitamin course. I ordered Houstons (three of them) and will start them next. I will also be doing the probiotic and flax oil. What do you think I should do after the digestive enzyme? B? C? We have an appointment in another month with a DAN doc but we have to get him back on vitamins because he is so hard to live with right now. I do want to add one thing at a time this time though that's why I am hesitant about the SNT even though it really did improve his mood. However he could have had bad reactions to other ingredients because it didn't do anything for tics or stimming behaviors. Thanks for listening.

Natalie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_Jennifer

Natalie,

I am so sorry your little boy is having such a hard time. It is heart wrenching to have to watch them go through all that, not to mention it really takes it's toll on the rest of the family especially siblings who aren't old enough to understand.

You mentioned new paint. Paint is full of formaldehyde and other toxic substances that are irritating to the nervous system. Paint continues to off gas for a long time.

At the beginning of our "journey" with our son (before I know what I know now) we had finished the basement, complete with new carpet and paint and his OCD and moods got so bad!!!! When he was about 7 we spent a couple of hours looking at some model homes (the smell of paint etc. was quite strong) within about an hour he started ticcing pretty bad and was in a complete melt down mode.

We are in the process of moving to a new home and will be using a paint by Safe Coat. It is very low VOC and uses much safer ingredients. I don't know if this is an option for you, but their paint acts as a barrier to whatever is underneath.

As far as the B-Max goes, I too was concerned about our sons being able to make the vitamins he needed from the precursers, but it seems to be working well. The only way to find out is to try it, there are so many enzymatic processes in the body that it would be impossible to thoroughly test it all. I know that cysteine is

necessary for b-6 absorption. Our son is using transdermal glutathione from Kirkman which has cysteine in it.

You may find that using the digestive enzymes may take care of many issues. I am reading a book (I may have allready mentioned this) by Karen DeFelice called "Enzymes for Digestive Health and Nutritional Wealth"....her own two sons were on the spectrum, the book extensively covers ASD issues. Long story short if the gut is damaged it can't process food consequently malabsorption occurs. She mentions in her book that many parents who had their children on long lists of supplements dramatically reduced if not eliminated the need for them because they were able to get the nutrition they needed from their food. Her book is awesome, I highly recommend it! I have noticed that our son is not tolerating the high amounts of B-6 since being on the enzymes.

I would still use the vitamins your son has been on, but start at minimal amounts and work up to where his level of tolerence is with the enzymes.

Magnesium is wonderful in calming the nervous system as well. I am currently using oral and transdermal (Kirkman has the cream). Epsom salt baths also deliver magnesium transdermally.

It is recommended to let 30 minutes pass between enzymes and probiotics. Pfeiffer didn't make a recommendation regarding probiotics. From what I have used and read I just personally felt that these were a better choice.

One more thing to consider about the spray is that the absorption issues with your son may soley lie in the gut. The spray bypasses the stomach making the absorption rate much higher.

You may want to think about having his histamine levels checked. Pfeiffer uses nutrients to lower the histamine levels. Vit C is very important for that. I got that informtion straight from the Linus Pauling Institute. I've been giving my son very high amounts every 3 days or so. Since I've been doing that he doesn't sound so nasal and his bed wetting has stopped.

Jennifer

Hey...I just called the Maxam company. They are really nice. They also recommended the PC3X for Cameron for detox...what do you think? Wouldn't all this be a miracle if it worked..it's hard to believe? These detoxing sprays are so expensive I wanted to check first. Thanks.

Guest Guest_Jennifer

We have used several of the PCA sprays. I know that one of the doctors affiliated with the Pfeiffer Treatment Center uses a Peptide Clathrating Agent (which is what PCA is) even when there is leaky gut because it wraps itself aroung the toxin and does not let it recirculate in the body. It is extremely gentle, yet effective. I have been very happy with the product and attribute a portion of our recovery to it's use. I mainly use chlorella now for detox, but keep a bottle of the PCA on hand and use it once or twice a week.

Jennifer

Jennifer,

Just a few quick questions. What brand of zinc would you recommend? You have your son on a B6/Zinc combo? I am going to add Vitamin C from the place you recommended and Zinc to start adding back. My son is 40lbs. How much does Pfeiffer recommend??? Thanks for all your help. If you want to email me personally, that would be fine too. ntbowen@hotmail.com.

Natalie