ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergy Results for my 5 year old

No longer IgE positive to CORN or MILK!!!

1+ IgG positive to gluten and milk!!

These are huge improvements - HUGE - something is working, his gut is healing, and I'm overwhelmed at the moment!

And I thank you all for support and your posts, just reading your own stories has given me so much information!!

Things are looking up:)

So happy for you!!! :huh::D :D

Please share what you did to get to this point! My young man has been gluten, casein, potato, apple, pork and many other foods-free for the past 6 months. It is really hard to stick to this but hoping it will be worth it in the end.....

Thanks for sharing your great news!!!

Great news! Keep up the good work mom.

No longer IgE positive to CORN or MILK!!!

1+ IgG positive to gluten and milk!!

These are huge improvements - HUGE - something is working, his gut is healing, and I'm overwhelmed at the moment!

And I thank you all for support and your posts, just reading your own stories has given me so much information!!

Things are looking up:)

So happy for you!!! :huh::D :D

Please share what you did to get to this point! My young man has been gluten, casein, potato, apple, pork and many other foods-free for the past 6 months. It is really hard to stick to this but hoping it will be worth it in the end.....

Thanks for sharing your great news!!!

Hope,

I know how hard this is, desperation mode was setting in these past few weeks. Of course we strictly avoided all the allergens in his diet, no cheating whatsoever. We see a naturopath who put him on supplements including GI Revive, Zinc, Calcium, Probiotic, Digestive Enzymes, Vit D, Vit C, Boswellia, and Quercetin for allergies. He was a very allergic little boy, and still has bad seasonal allergies. But this time of year compared to last year has been much improved. He is so much healthier, no need for antibiotics this past year. Healing his gut has improved his health and strengthened his immune system. He really hasn't gotten sick the past 9 months at all. We are definitely going to go slow with the introduction of foods he hasn't had in a long time, we don't want to go back to where we were.

But through this all, I'm thankful for what we went through. Our family is closer, more appreciative of what we have, much healthier as a result of our new way of eating, and all thanks to a little boy who showed us how strong he was, when we didn't think we could go another day.

Please let me know if you have further questions, I'd love to share information.

ameecram,

So happy for you, and all your hard work is paying off.

how much qucertin do you give your child? I have been giving my son quercetin for about 6 weeks, about 1500 mg/day and i am not sure if it is helping his allergies. My son is still on Zyrtec (1/2 a day). And he has been having a lingering cough for 2 months. Any suggestions?

Pat

ameecram,

So happy for you, and all your hard work is paying off.

how much qucertin do you give your child? I have been giving my son quercetin for about 6 weeks, about 1500 mg/day and i am not sure if it is helping his allergies. My son is still on Zyrtec (1/2 a day). And he has been having a lingering cough for 2 months. Any suggestions?

Pat

Hi Pat,

He takes (3) 250mg pills per day. It doesn't elimate his allergy symptoms completely, but things have been under control much better. We still need to work on that, he has definite mold allergies we need to address. Do you see a naturopath? How old is your child?

ameecram,

My son is 10 and he sees a ND who also treats him via NAET for food/environmental allergies and his OCDs. His allergies got better until this year and his asthma went away and then came back, so now i am questioning the lasting effect of NAET. Also, he is growing, so his biochemistry is changing, so that can be a contributing factor. But i do feel that overall he is much less sensitive to things.

Pat

I am glad to hear your son's IgE results have improved and his gut is healing.

Just a caution on IgG testing.

Doug Kaufman of "Know the Cause" television show was one of the original developers of the IgG allergy testing. BTW, we used that same test for our son 3 years ago. According to Doug the test is fatally flawed because the patient is most likely reacting to moldy specimens. This is why a group tested in the same batch could similarly end up with little allergens and that same group could test much higher with a subsequent testing on another test date. If the specimens are contaminated (as is often the case) then the patient would react more heavily to the mycotoxins present on the food rather than just on the food itself.

We are dealing with a corn allergy over here, too. Corn is infested with mycotoxins more so than any other food source in the U.S. So be very cautious with corn if your son is allergic to mold. The Corn We Eat is Infested with Mycotoxic Fungi

If he has/had fungal overgrowth problems then I highly suggest you be VERY cautious reintroducing corn, nuts, wheat (even gluten free), and dairy. They are high in mycotoxins and can set you back in the healing process if consumed too much, or even at all, if fungus is an issue for your son.

I am glad to hear your son's IgE results have improved and his gut is healing.

Just a caution on IgG testing.

Doug Kaufman of "Know the Cause" television show was one of the original developers of the IgG allergy testing. BTW, we used that same test for our son 3 years ago. According to Doug the test is fatally flawed because the patient is most likely reacting to moldy specimens. This is why a group tested in the same batch could similarly end up with little allergens and that same group could test much higher with a subsequent testing on another test date. If the specimens are contaminated (as is often the case) then the patient would react more heavily to the mycotoxins present on the food rather than just on the food itself.

We are dealing with a corn allergy over here, too. Corn is infested with mycotoxins more so than any other food source in the U.S. So be very cautious with corn if your son is allergic to mold. The Corn We Eat is Infested with Mycotoxic Fungi

If he has/had fungal overgrowth problems then I highly suggest you be VERY cautious reintroducing corn, nuts, wheat (even gluten free), and dairy. They are high in mycotoxins and can set you back in the healing process if consumed too much, or even at all, if fungus is an issue for your son.

Hi Caryn,

I was hoping to get some feedback from you and I completely agree with you about the reliability of the tests and the fungal problems associated with those foods. My son has big mold issues, he actually tested very high for aspergillus fumigatus. And his 1+ foods on the IgG were peanuts, milk, wheat...makes sense. We are cautious and going slow. Today we are meeting with our naturopath and to see where we go from here. I have no intention of giving him any type of straight corn products, but to have some flexibility with derivatives will give us more options with food, which he needs right now. I appreciate your feedback so much, you've been a huge source of information for me dealing with corn allergies and gut issues. I'm hoping to find out more today on this mold he is highly allergic to. Is there any type of treatment for that? Thanks again!

As per fighting mold,

We have had great success with a very high dose of probiotic coupled with an anti-fungal diet and use of Candex. We did not use a prescription for it but our doctor said that he would prescribe it if the Candex didn't work.

On the high note, if you are diligent with the protocol and wait until it is eradicated they can eat a more varied diet in time. I have found this to be true with both my boys. Just go slow and only expose the allergen once every four days and in small doses. We have been amazed after three years to see small signs of tolerance in our oldest son. We tried so many times but kept getting reactions. I thought he would never 'out grow it' as they say. But for him the recovery period lasted over two years.

We do not do corn syrups at all and don't do maltodextrins either. We have experimented with xanthan gum and recently citric acid without incident. I have also tried corn starch and did not see a reaction.

Hope this helps. The probiotic we used was between 50 and 75 billion. I gave the probiotic at night.

As per fighting mold,

We have had great success with a very high dose of probiotic coupled with an anti-fungal diet and use of Candex. We did not use a prescription for it but our doctor said that he would prescribe it if the Candex didn't work.

On the high note, if you are diligent with the protocol and wait until it is eradicated they can eat a more varied diet in time. I have found this to be true with both my boys. Just go slow and only expose the allergen once every four days and in small doses. We have been amazed after three years to see small signs of tolerance in our oldest son. We tried so many times but kept getting reactions. I thought he would never 'out grow it' as they say. But for him the recovery period lasted over two years.

We do not do corn syrups at all and don't do maltodextrins either. We have experimented with xanthan gum and recently citric acid without incident. I have also tried corn starch and did not see a reaction.

Hope this helps. The probiotic we used was between 50 and 75 billion. I gave the probiotic at night.

Thanks again Caryn! After meeting w/ our naturopath today, we are upping his probiotic. I know we still have work ahead of us, but knowing things are improving keeps my motivation going. We will continue to stay away from corn syrups and things like that as well. We are actually going to get our home tested for mold in the next weeks to see if that is causing problems. Again, thank you!