ACN Latitudes Forums

chlorine trigger

I have a question for anyone who found chlorine to be a trigger....When out of the pool for a day or so do the tics go away or does it take awhile. I ask this because I am assuming that chlorine is the trigger for my son....but he was not in the pool today and he still has his head nod. Yesterday he was in our pool and when he would get out I would spray him with epson salt and water and he seemed not to tic as much and says he doesn't feel like he has to but can if he wanted to. We also have him do the epson salt food soaks at night...but not sure if that is helping or not.

Last two summers it seemed like this was his bad time of year...two years ago was my first notice of hit...bad...last summer we noticed it but not as bad, like this year...topamax might be helping with it.

Thanks for any help!!!

Mary

Hi Mary

we felt the effect was cumulative...the more time in the pool the longer the resultant tic increase. It reached the point where my son developed hives as soon as he came in contact with chlorinated water (even from the faucets!)

epsom baths definitely helped...but we ensured we had faucet filters to clear the chlorine from the tub water too!

Thanks for responding...so if your son was out a day or so it didn't stop.... We use well water so I am thinking it is okay for him to be in. We will keep up with the epson salt soaks at least maybe it won't get any worse. I hate wishing summer away but I am...I know how much he loves the water

mary

Hi Mary

we felt the effect was cumulative...the more time in the pool the longer the resultant tic increase. It reached the point where my son developed hives as soon as he came in contact with chlorinated water (even from the faucets!)

epsom baths definitely helped...but we ensured we had faucet filters to clear the chlorine from the tub water too!