ACN Latitudes Forums

Progress Update

I wanted to give an update on my son. He seems to be responding to antibiotics and steroid treatment. He is more verbal and we are having less melt downs. He spent the weekend with my mom and she said he was talking non stop. This is someone who told us there was nothing wrong with him. He is smiling and giggling again. He is a little more flexible and less aggressive. Praise God, I think we are getting somewhere. I still want to pursue IVIG because he still has his moments but they occur less frequent.

It seems like treatment is working. Can this be too good to be true? Has anyone else had similar gains?

I wanted to give an update on my son. He seems to be responding to antibiotics and steroid treatment. He is more verbal and we are having less melt downs. He spent the weekend with my mom and she said he was talking non stop. This is someone who told us there was nothing wrong with him. He is smiling and giggling again. He is a little more flexible and less aggressive. Praise God, I think we are getting somewhere. I still want to pursue IVIG because he still has his moments but they occur less frequent.

It seems like treatment is working. Can this be too good to be true? Has anyone else had similar gains?

I don't want to talk, because the last time that I said he was better, he became worse the following day. But if you asked :wub: , we are on our 20th day of abs and he is doing better, his motor tics went from tics every 20 seconds to 1 tic every couple of hours. The vocal tics we heard them now only at the end of the day before going to sleep.

I'm afraid of being happy, I'm afraid of falling again to this nightmare, I'm afraid that this is the waning and waxing thing that people with tics have. I hope that I'm afraid in vane and that everything will be fine!

I don't want to talk, because the last time that I said he was better, he became worse the following day. But if you asked :wub: , we are on our 20th day of abs and he is doing better, his motor tics went from tics every 20 seconds to 1 tic every couple of hours. The vocal tics we heard them now only at the end of the day before going to sleep.

I'm afraid of being happy, I'm afraid of falling again to this nightmare, I'm afraid that this is the waning and waxing thing that people with tics have. I hope that I'm afraid in vane and that everything will be fine!

Isnt this such a horrible illness. I too am afraid. The waxing and waning eats me up, breaks my heart. I watched Mystery Diagnosis and sobbed the entire segment. Many of the same symptoms and treatment, not as extreme. We took my son of OCD and Tourettes medication 9 days after he began them. It was obvious they were not working and I honestly did not care what the doctor recommended. My son was deteriorating before my eyes.