ACN Latitudes Forums

Can anyone email Dr. Cunningham?

I saw someone post on here about emailing dr. Cunningham. I would love to email her about my two boys who both have PANDAS symptoms. please let me know if anyone can email her. also for those of you who have emailed her did she email you back telling you what to have the pedi test for??? the pedi we use does not believe in pandas. if i told him a dr. in OK says for him to test for ____, he would probably laugh at me. does dr. c actually treat pandas, like could i make an appt. with her for my boys?? thanks!

jennifer

Dr. Cunningham is a researcher at Univ. of Oklahoma. I believe she really focuses on her own research / bloodtests for PANDAS. Some info. on the tests and her email address can be found at: http://www.pandasresourcenetwork.com/research-programs.html

If you are looking for a consult, try one of the PANDAS Docs. in the pinned threads at the top. Dr. L is taking some time off, but Dr. B, Dr. K, Dr. T, and Scott Smith are often discussed on this forum and they may do phone conusults for you.

Hi,

Madeleine Cunningham, Ph.D., is a research scientist, and not an M.D., therefore you would not be able to see her for care. As so many of us have learned, it is almost a waste of time to try and "convert" an unbelieving physician. Best to locate a doc who is already educated and experienced in treating. You can contact Dr. Cunningham at her lab through Kathy Alvarez, her research assistant. You don't need a doc's order for the CaM Kinase II test which is what she is working on. You will have to pay for it though. Kathy-Alvarez@ouhsc.edu

I saw someone post on here about emailing dr. Cunningham. I would love to email her about my two boys who both have PANDAS symptoms. please let me know if anyone can email her. also for those of you who have emailed her did she email you back telling you what to have the pedi test for??? the pedi we use does not believe in pandas. if i told him a dr. in OK says for him to test for ____, he would probably laugh at me. does dr. c actually treat pandas, like could i make an appt. with her for my boys?? thanks!

jennifer

thank you for the reply. i have looked into Dr. K and Dr. B. Dr. K does not take my insurance so i can't use him. i haven't found out if Dr. B takes my insurance. I have seen him on the today show and i would love to take my 2 boys to him. we live in texas and i think he is in ct. we would be willing to take a trip just to get our boys the help they need. my problem with my insurance is that all of the pandas dr.'s are out of town for us and that would most likely mean out of network with my insurance. all of you who have seen a pandas dr. did your insurance pay for the visit. if so, did your pedi have to give you a referral to see the pandas dr??

thank you for the reply. i have looked into Dr. K and Dr. B. Dr. K does not take my insurance so i can't use him. i haven't found out if Dr. B takes my insurance. I have seen him on the today show and i would love to take my 2 boys to him. we live in texas and i think he is in ct. we would be willing to take a trip just to get our boys the help they need. my problem with my insurance is that all of the pandas dr.'s are out of town for us and that would most likely mean out of network with my insurance. all of you who have seen a pandas dr. did your insurance pay for the visit. if so, did your pedi have to give you a referral to see the pandas dr??

Tylermom-

I am in Dallas- by your name can I guess you are in Tyler? Or within a few hours drive of Dallas- there are Doctors here that you can get bloodwork done through. I will PM you.

Brandy

Our insurance paid for Dr. Latimer at in network rates. The local pediatric rheumatologist refused to treat our daughter, based on the fact that he had no expertise w/ the disorder. After discussing it w/ dr. L on the phone, he referred us to her and I called the insurance company to get pre-approval for a "gap exception" based on the fact that they did not have an in-network physician who had expertise w/ pandas. We have UHC.