ACN Latitudes Forums

Most important supplements

sahm

Hi everyone,

My son's tics have gotten much more subtle over the last few months since they started. He has no diagnosis but we chose a DAN! doctor bc he would be super supportive of supplements etc. and treating the root cause. So for a month he has been on:

L-Glutamine, Vitamin A, Probiotic (strong), Omega 3 (only), cow colostrum (weird I know, intestine healing)

Quercitin for allergies

Kids Calm (my decision), Epsom salt baths

And homeopathic drainage remedies are now done but back on Hyoscamus

I want to ask the doctor about more traditional supplements specifically for TICS, not just for spectrum/general gut healing stuff. Can anyone tell me, other than magnesium, what are the most common supplements I should ask him about? Keep in mind he doesn't have TS, and his tics at this point are mild but still there.

THANK YOU!!

Sahm,

You've come to the right place. See the following thread by Chemar

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=687

Also, I suggest you check out Sheila's book Natural Treatments for Tics and Tourette's: A Patient and Family Guide.

I hope this helps you.

thanks- I have seen that post a lot and wondered which ones would be relevant to my son...seems like a few of those were specific to TS and OCD? I could be wrong...

I also did read that book bit then returned it to the library... Was there a list in there that I missed?

Thanks!!

Edited by sahm

Hi

not knowing why your son has tics it is hard to make any comment on what supps are most important as it really does depend on the underlying condition that is causing the tics

as my son has TS tics, that is all I can feel confident to comment on from our experience