ACN Latitudes Forums

Heavy metal elimination

Caz

Went back to the dr yesterday to discuss latest test results, and asked again about his latest hair analysis. Dr still thinks there are hidden toxic minerals, even though after 6 months there is still very little metals showing, despite 2 immunisations in that time etc.

My son is taking a herbal/antioxidant/chelation combination called oxichel (australian) to help chelate these, but they don't seem to be making any difference for mercury/lead.

We used chlorella for about a month but my son hated all the tiny tablets, and he was taking 10 a day as they were sooooooo small. Add those to other tablets and it caused too many issues!

I have been reading back over archives about others experience.

For those who have tried ndf, what did you think of it, and did the results last?

What other things have been tried, and have they worked for mercury etc?

Next the doctor wants to do a pre/post chelation urine test to see if he is storing his heavy metals.

What are other peoples experiences with this test, compared to their hair analysis tests?

Caz,

We used NDF for a couple of months and the my son's tics improved, however we were doing many other things as well so not sure if it was the NDF that made the difference or not since we haven't had a hair analysis since then. I am going to send his hair away for another test in the next week so I can tell you when the results come back if his aluminum still shows high.

We have never used the urine test so can't help you there.

Heather

Sorry, I have gone off on the "methylation" tangent of late, and only just read your replies.

Curious about the NDF Heather - I have read about it on the internet, and they say you have to take with reverse osmosis water, then after first urine, take alkaline water etc - did you do all of that? That seems a bit hard when it is a kid.

Has anyone tried PCA rx? or homeopathic remedies?

Caz

Ausclare - my son had a hair analysis (a couple actually) but has not had the urine path challenge test yet. The kit has been ordered, but not arrived as yet.

Caz

I researched NDF after Heather mentioned it, and a lot made sense. Couldn't find studies (this new stuff is so hard to find studies on!) but this was very interesting to me. It sounds much safer than chelation because it goes through the urinary tract.

http://www.drkaslow.com/html/ndf_mier_chel...ting_drops.html

I asked our DAN doctor--he is very conservative, and he said he preferred antioxidants (NOT chelation--he thinks it can do more harm than good), since this is the way the body 'naturally' gets rid of metals. Even Pfeiffer talked about ongoing antioxidants as better than chelation.

But he is conservative and goes with the tried and true. Since this method seems to be working for my son, I am okay with it. On the other hand, I did convince him to let me try the Threelac for my own yeast--this is what Heather used.

Claire

Caz,

I did use the Reverse Osmosis water with the drops but didn't change to using Alkaline water after the first urine. I used reverse osmosis water all day. Not sure if this made a difference in the effectiveness or not. The hardest part was getting him to drink enough water. I felt like I was always telling him to drink.

I sent his hair away yesterday to Doctor's Data for another test. This will be the first test done since using the NDF so I will let you know in a couple of weeks how it comes back. I used NDF since I really didn't like the idea of chelation and this seemed like something worth trying as an alternative.

Heather

Keen to hear your hair analysis results when they come in.

It is so hard to know what part of marketing companies hype to believe, what is fact and what is simply trying to sell stuff.

I hope it worked, but I imagine if yoiu have seen a huge reduction in tics and associated stuff then that is your answer.

Caz

The Pfeiffer doc mentioned a glutathione IV push as a good way to lower heavy metal bureden. I've heard of this method before and it is supposed to be side-effect free as well as non-toxic, however, it does need to take place under medical supervision and not all states allow it.

Jennifer

Caz

we did accupuncture/reflexology/biofeedback as part of my son's detox.

He did take chlorella and other homeopathic drops at the time too.

The hair analysis, radiogenics, and blood tests that we ran were surprisingly in sync with each other