ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr K postponed appt.....

I want to throw up.....I have been waiting for weeks for our appt next week- have been gathering final details of information etc... called to find out where to send the check and they said- oh we need to reschedule he is not going to be available now....SERIOUSLY- WTF! Do they have any idea how we wait with every ounce of patience we have for one of these appointments? I want to scream- in reality a week is not that big of deal but right now it seems like an eternity!

Brandy

I want to throw up.....I have been waiting for weeks for our appt next week- have been gathering final details of information etc... called to find out where to send the check and they said- oh we need to reschedule he is not going to be available now....SERIOUSLY- WTF! Do they have any idea how we wait with every ounce of patience we have for one of these appointments? I want to scream- in reality a week is not that big of deal but right now it seems like an eternity!

Brandy

When was your appt. We are with Dr. K right now

Keep bugging him and his office. Send him a detailed e-mail of your sons symptoms daily (or more often). We were having our IVIG postponed (2 weeks) and kept in daily contact with him on issues and he got us in 2 weeks earlier. He was out of the country the last 2 weeks, in this week, and I believe he is out of town next week also. I know he is busy right now but keep bugging him. He has always responded quickly to us, even when he was in Croatia last week.

Hang in there. The same thing happened to us when we were waiting to see Dr. Leckman, we started making an appointment with him in January, after filling out paper work finally had a date in April and the week before they called and had to push it back another 2 weeks. we wanted to cry too, I thought the same thing, don't they know how much it takes us to hold on. In the end we made it, had a great appointment, he was the nicest man ever and I am sure the same will be true with Dr. K. Hang in there!

Brandy

Brandy

the 25th..A Dr here is willing to start IVIG but I wan the guidance from Dr K.

Brandy

Keep your apt with dr.k he IS the best.

Brandy

Keep your apt with dr.k he IS the best.

Thanks- I will! I just need to do something- we met with a therapist that specializes in OCD today and i am beating myself up- I had no idea the extent my ds had it- he has hidden it SO WELL all these years and now that I know it is all I see. my heart is breaking. I videoed him for about 5 minutes this am and I can't tell what is a tic and what is a compulsion but it is pretty constant. I will send clips to Dr K. I am tired of being a basket case all the time. I need to do more and I jsut can't right now-I don't do well with can't.....

Brandy