ACN Latitudes Forums

Update on Nicholas

abbe

Hey all,

'

I wanted to give a brief update on Nicholas. I haven't been posting to much lately but still continue to follow your posts. Ever since I added in fish oil and Kids calm Nicks tics are either gone or barely noticeable to him or I. It has been an 18 month journey figuring out what works best through trial and error and with the support of all of you and Dr. Chung. I still am perfecting "the formula" When I started out here I was so distraught, confused, angry, scared and hopeless. I just wanted to Coach . I specialize in Health and Wellness,Parenting, Life purpose, Relationships and really anything my clients need to work on. I guess I am sharing this because everything in life I guess can be looked at from many different angles. When my son had an accident at 5 and that cause him to have 3 strokes I thought I wouldn't make it through , but I did ! He completely recovered only to start this "experience" 2 years later. I don't know what else life will bring me but I do know that I won't be a "victim" to my life's circumstances and I hope you won't be also.

Sorry to ramble I just wanted everyone to know I think about you often and thank this board always. If anyone needs a sympathetic ear I am hear to listen.

abbe

Hi Abbe,

glad Nicholas is doing well. In regards to the kids calm does it have to be mixed in 8 ounces of water I do not think Anthony will drink that entire glass, can it be given in a smaller amount after it is dissolved? thanks

Deanna

Dee,

I use 1/2 teaspoon at night and mix it in with nicks applesauce. I still use 2 capsule of the mag/taurate from bonnie. it flavors it and has worked well for us. Nick would never drink that much in water either. hope this helps. I know though it is either the fish oil or the kids calm that has put us over to another level of wellness. now I just need the strength to take him off the 15mg of topamax and we will really be rolling. my intuition says not yet.

abbe

Thanks for sharing, Abbe! So glad to hear that your son is doing well! Always encouraging to hear from other parents when things are going well.

You have motivated me to try fish oil. I have been reluctant so far because I have heard mixed opinions and was worried it could make things worse. But now that school is almost over here, I think we will try it. I have some really pure stuff from the naturopath we see. We currently use 5HTP at night and Natural Calm. Very few motor tics but vocal tics still present during quiet times and times of stress.

Thanks again, Abbe! God bless you and your family!

[quote n

Hope, I was so scared of the fish oil also. I started Nick on 1/8 teaspoon and we are at 1 teaspoon moving up to 1 and a half. He went to Dr. Chung today and he said he blocked to the kids calm which means don't use it. I wsn't using the one with calcium. I just bought a big bottle figures.

Nick was a trooper today .Dr. injected novacane in his head around the area that he is blocked to help reset the nerves.

abbe