ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep

Saw some stuff last night. We had a swim meet and my son did not do great in the first competition. His googles filled with water. He started crying (he is 9) and wanted to swim it again. He said it several times and made me ask the coach if he could. I knew he could not but he would not take no for an answer. He then wanted to throw his googles in the trash. I said no several times and then told him he would have to pay me $12.99 if he wanted to do it. The whole thing put me in a bad mood because this "cognitive inflexibility" is an old symptom. I made him eat dinner and then he seemed in a better mood. My husband thought the whole thing was caused because he was hungry and tired (he had a spend the night friend the night before) and thought I was over-reacting but I am not sure. My mother's intuition is oretty good. He seemed fine after that but we will see. We see the immunologist today so we will see what she says.

I would add ibuprofen just to keep things at bay. Maybe it's just a small blip but you don't want it to get to the point where you need to do another steroid burst. Our PANDAS son has been showing an increase in OCD (it turns out his brother might be the carrier), and we've been doing Advil "as needed", it seems to be helping.