ACN Latitudes Forums

For those in CA or close by...

Yesterday, Diana Polhman and I met with a Dr. and his nurse practitioner willing to HELP PANDAS children. Dr. Sunjya K. Schweig, MD and Amy Joy Smith, Nurse practitioner, Hill Park Medical Center, Petaluma, CA, . It turns out a relative has suffered from Celiac's Disease for a long time and now most likely PANDAS. Dr. Schweig is coming up to speed quickly with required preliminary testing for PANDAS, he is versed in Lyme treatment protocol and is hoping to provide IVIG treatments per Dr. K's protocol. He is in the process of consulting with him and having Dr. K follow his first patient post IVIG treatment. He displayed compassion and a commitment to helping our children.

http://www.hillparkmedicalcenter.com/

Diana and SF Mom,

You guys have worked so hard for the kids.

That's great for the California families.

Yesterday, Diana Polhman and I met with a Dr. and his nurse practitioner willing to HELP PANDAS children. Dr. Sunjya K. Schweig, MD and Amy Joy Smith, Nurse practitioner, Hill Park Medical Center, Petaluma, CA, . It turns out that Amy's son has suffered from Celiac's Disease for a long time and now most likely PANDAS. Dr. Schweig is coming up to speed quickly with required preliminary testing for PANDAS, he is versed in Lyme treatment protocol and is hoping to provide IVIG treatments per Dr. K's protocol. He is in the process of consulting with him and having Dr. K follow his first patient post IVIG treatment. He displayed compassion and a commitment to helping our children.

I'd definitely give him a call.... VERY NICE, willing to listen, willing to help. I just forwarded him the preliminary testing list including all Iggs and Subclasses. He could be very supportive from a wellness perspective while not symptomatic: homeopathic gut support, nutrition, etc.

-Wendy

Has anyone used Dr. Thienemann in Palo Alto for IVIG? thanks for the info on the dr. on petaluma, i spoke with dr.k in march and he suggested finding someone locally to save money! i hope they are finding out the insurance codes to make it easier to get approved!

Dr. MT can not provide IVIG... only potential recommendation. Dr. Sunjya K. Schweig, MD is much better resource and will consult with Dr. K on your child's behalf. Our hope is to get Dr. MT and Schweig to work together.

All I need for my daughter is a Dr. who can give IVIG. I dont need anything else that my primary cant do...that being said, should i just fly to Dr. K ? Sounds like no one is doing it in the bay area as of yet...I'd like to get it done this summer.

• 3 weeks later...
Yesterday, Diana Polhman and I met with a Dr. and his nurse practitioner willing to HELP PANDAS children. Dr. Sunjya K. Schweig, MD and Amy Joy Smith, Nurse practitioner, Hill Park Medical Center, Petaluma, CA, . It turns out that Amy's son has suffered from Celiac's Disease for a long time and now most likely PANDAS. Dr. Schweig is coming up to speed quickly with required preliminary testing for PANDAS, he is versed in Lyme treatment protocol and is hoping to provide IVIG treatments per Dr. K's protocol. He is in the process of consulting with him and having Dr. K follow his first patient post IVIG treatment. He displayed compassion and a commitment to helping our children.

Hi there. I had suspected my 9 year old son had been suffering from PANDAS for about 2 years. I live in LA and fought hard with my pediatrition just get the blood test . Finally he agreed and my sons #'s were very high. Long story short this DR was not treating to my satisfaction and admitted that he was not qualified. This site helped me find Dr. Lin in Irvine who has really come through for us. He is great to talk to and perscribed azythromicin, diflucan, probiotics and Omega 3. my son is a different kid. I would say that anxiety and OCD is 85% GONE after 15 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. This site is priceless. I didnt realize how many kids (& parents) were going through the same crap.

Hi there. I had suspected my 9 year old son had been suffering from PANDAS for about 2 years. I live in LA and fought hard with my pediatrition just get the blood test . Finally he agreed and my sons #'s were very high. Long story short this DR was not treating to my satisfaction and admitted that he was not qualified. This site helped me find Dr. Lin in Irvine who has really come through for us. He is great to talk to and perscribed azythromicin, diflucan, probiotics and Omega 3. my son is a different kid. I would say that anxiety and OCD is 85% GONE after 15 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. This site is priceless. I didnt realize how many kids (& parents) were going through the same crap.

Dr Lin is my sons doctor too. We live in NM and we drove to Cali to see him. He is pretty amazing. Is your son hyper on the steroid and does he overheat? Dr. Lin didn't prescribe Omega 3 but we are in the process of getting IVIG in two weeks. Tell me more about the Omega 3