ACN Latitudes Forums

Frozen foods

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Read some where in one of the posts that frozen stuff has to be avoided. What about frozen peas? do they contain any offending stuff? I use a lot of frozen peas for my normal cooking and my son loves them .. was just wondering if its NOT GOOD??

thanks.

hi efgh :)

I would think that the label should show the ingredients. if it is just frozen peas, with no "butter flavour" etc added, and your son has not problems with legumes, that should be fine.

it is usually those frozen meals that one has to be careful of as they often contain anything from MSG to artificial junk.

I am a label fanatic...I buy NOTHING unless I read the label of ingredients, and that is for food, toiletries etc. I have been amazed to find just how much junk is in most things nowadays :wub:

I have not researched it yet and I should but I read here and there to avoid to much salt for it will deplete the body of Caliculm. Some frozen foods are overloaded with salt. Just something I read here and there.

i'm currently doing a pure food/ elimination diet per my EM doc. and he did suggest to not buy frozen food, because i may react to the processing of the food that i may not be aware of. he did say organic Cascadian frozen vegetables were ok. Needless to say, avoiding proccessed food, under the strictest terms laid out by my doc has not been easy. i mostly have to make everything from scratch or go to organic restaurants and make sure all their imgredients are not processed.

Hi there,

about the frozen stuff, the failsafe diet says you can use frozen veg as long as they are low in sals and amines if you are on the elimination part of it.

I personally cannot bring myself to use frozen stuff at all and try to source the fresh organic veg. If this is not possible for you then to do the elimination successfully, you would need to read the labels carefully and perhaps ring the manufacturers to double check the processing.

In Australia, our laws permit the manufacturers to not have to list ingredients if it is less than 1% ( I Think)

So some sensitive people do react to the processed foods even though they can't understand why, because the ingrediant doesn't legally have to be listed.

If I need to double check any ingrediants that I'm sus about, I ring them up and make out that the child will have extremely severe reactions if they eat it.

This 99% guarantees that they will tell me the truth.

They don't like to pay out for litigation!

Hope this helps

Clare :wub:

Hi there,

about the frozen stuff, the failsafe diet says you can use frozen veg as long as they are low in sals and amines if you are on the elimination part of it.

I personally cannot bring myself to use frozen stuff at all and try to source the fresh organic veg. If this is not possible for you then to do the elimination successfully, you would need to read the labels carefully and perhaps ring the manufacturers to double check the processing.

In Australia, our laws permit the manufacturers to not have to list ingredients if it is less than 1% ( I Think)

So some sensitive people do react to the processed foods even though they can't understand why, because the ingrediant doesn't legally have to be listed.

If I need to double check any ingrediants that I'm sus about, I ring them up and make out that the child will have extremely severe reactions if they eat it.

This 99% guarantees that they will tell me the truth.

They don't like to pay out for litigation!

Hope this helps

Clare :wub:

PS

Peas are low in sals and amines, but contain moderate amounts of natural glutamates so are not permitted during the Failsafe eliminatin diet.

It says only a few people are so sensitive that they will react to glutamates in peas.

Vegetable haters may prefer peas served frozen, which isn't to bad because vitamins are lost during cooking.

Failsafe cookbook- Sue Dengate pg90