ACN Latitudes Forums

2 1/2 weeks post IVIG

Oh, I didn't want to read this post. We are having IVIg next week. But I have been trying to read old posts to get an idea of what to expect and many posts seem to indicate no change or worse until 3.5 week mark. Since we haven't been there yet I am not the best person to post but that's what my reading here has taught me. Maybe one more week adn you'll see a positive change...I know, another week just seems unbearable right now...at your house and mine.

We've done two infusions at 1.5g/kg and both times it took exactly 2 1/2 months to kick in. Once you push your way through the bad stuff it's worth the wait. DD14 is back in remission - or as close as she has ever gotten!

We've done two infusions at 1.5g/kg and both times it took exactly 2 1/2 months to kick in. Once you push your way through the bad stuff it's worth the wait. DD14 is back in remission - or as close as she has ever gotten!

Our DS11 has had 2 IVIG's. Three weeks was about the point when the bad bumpy started to go into a more positive upward trend (with bumps). Take a deep breathe, hang on for a bit longer, and you should start seeing improvements. Dawn

My son had IVIG the end of October. We saw vast improvement at 4 weeks, and at 6 weeks we really felt we were done. Then the first of February he got strep again. March 22 had his 2nd IVIG. By mid April, so only like 3 weeks out, we saw all signs of it disappear. So its tough, but I really do feel like it worked and the only reason we had to do it twice was a reinfection of strep. Hang in there. And don't forget to take care of YOU!!!