ACN Latitudes Forums

My 7 yr old daughter diagnosed with PANDAS.....

So awesome that you were able to quickly niop this in the bud. The wisdom you will glean here onthis forum will support you through the goodtimes and the bad. Thanks for sharing your positive story. We allneed to hear the good ones regularly.

I agree that you should add probiotics now before complications set in. Each of my boys (ages 2 and 5) take 400 bill cfu's per day (200 am, 200 pm), one to two hours away from antibiotics. It's a pain in the rear, but I wish I had done it a year ago. My kids had to develop yeast, klebsiella and clostridia infections before I got on board with the probiotics. These infections caused worse symptoms than pandas...severe aggression, etc. Not saying this will happen to your daughter, but why chance it? Here is the product we use: www.customprobiotics.com (D-lactate free formula)

Best of luck to you and congrats on your success! Check out this website: www.pandasresourcenetwork.com

Stephanie

So awesome that you were able to quickly niop this in the bud. The wisdom you will glean here onthis forum will support you through the goodtimes and the bad. Thanks for sharing your positive story. We allneed to hear the good ones regularly.

That is a good dose of penicillin as long as the bottle reads 250mg/5ml and not only 125mg/5ml. The range is 25-50mg/kg/day, so she would be getting almost 45mg/kg/day with hat dose (as long as it is the 250mg/kg concentration).

Colleen