ACN Latitudes Forums

Dental Cleaning

I see xtra ticcing (verbal) coincidence?

Hi Melanie,

Personally, it seems to me that with a cleaning they are releasing all sorts of bacteria into the bloodstream from the mouth. Could be a bit of an exacerbation if you ask me. Who knows, really? I think when I bring my son to the dentist I will also bring some ibuprofen!!

Stephanie

Teeth cleaning, b/c it usually scrapes the gums and allows any strep that is there to enter the body, can cause a flareup. My 3 year old son got extremely sick after his first teeth cleaning about a month ago. He was not on any antibiotics and looking back I feel I was playing with fire. I have been adding a second antibiotic on the day before, day of, and day after any dental procedure (including a cleaning) with my other 3 children b/c of this potential. I was and am still so mad at myself for not doing this with my 3 year old.

My niece had her first PANDAS episode after her first teeth cleaning and other children on this forum have had this occur.

Talk to your dr about increasing his dose for a week or so or adding another antibiotic for one course.

Colleen

another thought would be.....with the jaw being open it may be irritateing nerves that run from the jaw to the vestibular..(trigemital??spelling)

there is a huge thread that's on the ts board in reagards to this....

i tried the mouth piece with no success....but i have spoken to 3 moms who have had success with it.....actually i called one mom acouple of weeks ago to follow up and things are completey healed...and if her son doesn't wear the mouth piece for a couple of days his tics start to come back...they have direct correlation...

so maybe for pandas kids...since there is inflamation...it may just be enought to cause the same type of reaction

Edited by Fixit