ACN Latitudes Forums

if tics are hardest to get rid of

would you say vocals are the most difficult of the tics

for us vocal tics are the last to show up during an exacerbation & the first to clear up. for ds his most persistent tic is one where he pushes his stomach in and out.

for us vocal tics are the last to show up during an exacerbation & the first to clear up. for ds his most persistent tic is one where he pushes his stomach in and out.

we just started vocals around feb...he may have had 2 days last summer but he also had a retainer then..and there were 2 days in december...maybe retainer....

they may be deminishing..but its taking long and i hate them the most.....

right now its a sneeze, cough, popcorn caught in throat, ch,ch sounds

how long did it take to clear for your child????

we just started vocals around feb...he may have had 2 days last summer but he also had a retainer then..and there were 2 days in december...maybe retainer....

they may be deminishing..but its taking long and i hate them the most.....

right now its a sneeze, cough, popcorn caught in throat, ch,ch sounds

how long did it take to clear for your child????

i hate them the most too, though i'm not sure why. embarassment? worry they are more noticeable?

it really depends on the vocal & the cause. he sniffs for a week or so after a cold. some of his are not obvious tics, & one day I just realize they are gone. he has gone through periods of repeating either his or other's sentences, needing to enunciate hard consonant sounds to the point of ridiculousness & only being able to read out loud (these seem to also be all mixed up with his OCD somehow). those hung around for weeks (months?) but definitely disappeared with the Biaxin. some of the others he has had, like throat clearing, seem to be worse with exposure to things like red dye and come and go quickly.

, popcorn caught in throat, ch,ch sounds

What a great description, now I know how to describe dd's latest tic sound. Does everyone else's child change tics...they seem so transient, one tic comes, then goes and a new one jumps in its place. Is that common?