ACN Latitudes Forums

mommy fatigue - really bad

I have been feeling awfully fatigued for the past 9 days. I had diarhea for the first 7 days. My doc says there is a 2 week bug going around. I did have a stool test done and while I was there had my aso's dnase and myco p run. They also ran a test for IBD.

I am extremely stressed out like the rest of everyone here. We have an appt with Dr K in 10 days for our sons IVIG. I have got to get well.

Is there a chance this is strep related?

I have never felt so awful in my life. I am perio-menopausal as well and have got sick a lot this year. Upper respiratory infections, cold sores. I am usually a pretty active person and exercise at the gym and run occasionally. This is driving me absolutely mad.

Anyone here have this going on or had this?

Forgive me for sharing my nasty symptoms but I am having a hard time functioning.

thank you for your help

johnsmom

Oh, John's mom!

Sorry to hear you're feeling so under the weather! My guess would be that, between the stress of being a PANDAS mom and going through your own hormonal changes, you're left more open to illness than ever! You're tired, you're wired and you're not afforded the time and peace your body (or mind) really need to rest and recharge under standard circumstances, let alone when you're going through the peri-menopausal stuff.

Sounds as though you'll have your strep bases covered via the tests you've already submitted, so try to sit back a little, try to get some rest, and await those results. Have you had strep before? Did it hit your gut before? Sounds likely that you have, as your doctor suggested, a short-lived bug, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make you feel miserable.

Try turning some responsibilities over to someone else, aim for some extra rest, and do what you can to assist your own immune system, i.e., borrow some supplements from your DS's regimen! :D

Here's hoping you're feeling better quickly!

thanks Momwithocdson-

I cant believe this bug. Its killing me. Poor DH has just about had it but is so patient. He goes on a business trip this week and I think he is really looking forward to it. I actually took Friday off of work and memorial weekend was a bust. I have never had anything like this before. I havent had strep that I know of in more than 14 yrs. I have already raided my ds's supplement box and have taken some immune boosting supps. If this is truly a 2 week bug I shoudld be at the end.

This is the last week of school too so have to get things in order for field trip, parties and thank you cards for teachers. Not too mention preparing for Dr K IVIG. Luckily I have an extremely understanding boss who has given me two weeks paid after IVIG.

Thanks again for your support. It is truly appreciated. You are too kind. :D

Ann

Oh, John's mom!

Sorry to hear you're feeling so under the weather! My guess would be that, between the stress of being a PANDAS mom and going through your own hormonal changes, you're left more open to illness than ever! You're tired, you're wired and you're not afforded the time and peace your body (or mind) really need to rest and recharge under standard circumstances, let alone when you're going through the peri-menopausal stuff.

Sounds as though you'll have your strep bases covered via the tests you've already submitted, so try to sit back a little, try to get some rest, and await those results. Have you had strep before? Did it hit your gut before? Sounds likely that you have, as your doctor suggested, a short-lived bug, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make you feel miserable.

Try turning some responsibilities over to someone else, aim for some extra rest, and do what you can to assist your own immune system, i.e., borrow some supplements from your DS's regimen! ;)

Here's hoping you're feeling better quickly!

I know EXACTLY what you need... a good, trashy romance novel!

I'm sending you one of my favorites in John's IVIG survival kit.

(BTW- the ivig survival kit is a gift, I'm not selling them to supplement my income :D )

And an extremely large cup of cappucino from the Starbucks next door!!! Is it about some long haired shirtless Fabio looking Croation doctor that is going to save my kids life? Uh..... maybe not, but I can dream about the shirtless guy, right????? Maybe I should've pm'd that. :D

thanks for the FREE survival kit.

signed,

zoning out in Wisconsin

I know EXACTLY what you need... a good, trashy romance novel!

I'm sending you one of my favorites in John's IVIG survival kit.

(BTW- the ivig survival kit is a gift, I'm not selling them to supplement my income ;) )

Croatian docs aside... download a good trashy novel to LISTEN to while you do other things (like cleaning, etc). It will help keep your mind from wandering down the long PANDAS path for a while. Many public libraries have free downloads for your computer, ipod or MP3 player.

This bug that's going around is awful and as PANDAS moms it's only made worse by our already messed up sleep schedule. I feel for you...I wish I had answers. Please know yo are not the only one who had this stomach bug and are sleep deprived.

On an aside, I have to admit...I wondered if Dr K was the archetype for the ER writers when they created Dr Kovac. I mean the name is a shortened derivation. Seems a little more than coincidental....

I don't have much to add but wanted to tell you that I hope you're feeling better soon. As far as supplements, we always up the Vitamin C and D when feeling lousy. Maybe try some Oil of Oregano that Stephanie recommended on my post about warts? She used it this weekend for a stomach flu and said it helped.

I have been feeling awfully fatigued for the past 9 days. I had diarhea for the first 7 days. My doc says there is a 2 week bug going around. I did have a stool test done and while I was there had my aso's dnase and myco p run. They also ran a test for IBD.

I am extremely stressed out like the rest of everyone here. We have an appt with Dr K in 10 days for our sons IVIG. I have got to get well.

Is there a chance this is strep related?

I have never felt so awful in my life. I am perio-menopausal as well and have got sick a lot this year. Upper respiratory infections, cold sores. I am usually a pretty active person and exercise at the gym and run occasionally. This is driving me absolutely mad.

Anyone here have this going on or had this?

Forgive me for sharing my nasty symptoms but I am having a hard time functioning.

thank you for your help

johnsmom

Edited by justinekno

On an aside, I have to admit...I wondered if Dr K was the archetype for the ER writers when they created Dr Kovac. I mean the name is a shortened derivation. Seems a little more than coincidental....

And it took place in Chicago, right? Hmmmm.... Oh, come on, somebody has to have the nerve to ask him! I nominate Ann!!!

Edited by JAG10

Okay I will ask him but first i need to print out a pic of this guy from ER. i only watched that show that show when Clooney was on. I still want Dr K to put on the Mario or Luigi costume so my kid can freak out even more when we go for IVIG. 9 days and counting.....

And it took place in Chicago, right? Hmmmm.... Oh, come on, somebody has to have the nerve to ask him! I nominate Ann!!!

If it doesn't end in a few days, check with your doctor to see if it could be e-coli or salmonella poisoning. I had this 6 years ago after eating out and after 6 days of diarrhea and losing 12 pounds, they decided my illness was bacterial and not viral. Within a few hours of starting an antibiotic, all symptoms started to clear and I was on the mend.

Yes very coincidental but have you seen the real Dr K? He's just a tad older than the ER doc! Tee Hee! Thanks for the note.

This bug that's going around is awful and as PANDAS moms it's only made worse by our already messed up sleep schedule. I feel for you...I wish I had answers. Please know yo are not the only one who had this stomach bug and are sleep deprived.

OOOH Deb that sounds bad.

Sorry you had to go through that. I feel a lot better and I got my results back. Stool is fine and most blood work is all normal. No samonella. Just waiting on myco p and IBD results. What a bug! I wouldnt wish this on anyone.

Thanks for the advice.

Ann

If it doesn't end in a few days, check with your doctor to see if it could be e-coli or salmonella poisoning. I had this 6 years ago after eating out and after 6 days of diarrhea and losing 12 pounds, they decided my illness was bacterial and not viral. Within a few hours of starting an antibiotic, all symptoms started to clear and I was on the mend.