ACN Latitudes Forums

The latest developments....

Well, I haven't been sharing a ton since I started a few months ago but I thought you guys would be interested in hearing the latest on my son's treatments.

Last time I posted (a few weeks ago) we had become totally convinced that the Natural Calm was what was managing his tics. As we continue this route we've decided to wean him off of Tenex (with the doctors approval). We are on day 3 (of 6) of the weaning. He's at half dose right now. Starting 1/4 dose tonight and so far no negative affects. Our hopes are high but our expectations remain limited.

Last time he came off a med (Clonidine in Feb) his tics returned within hours and with a vengeance. The reason we decided to wean him now is because last week we gave him his nightly dose and a glass of water and the next morning my 2-year old came into the kitchen and gave it to me. She found it in the living room. He forgot to take it! If she had popped it in her mouth instead of bringing it to me we'd be in the hospital.

On top of almost killing our daughter, his not taking it at all that day had absolutely NO affect on his tics. I didn't tell him he didn't take it. I wanted to see how he handled the day thinking everything was normal and it totally was.

So happily, after 4 months of being medicated, we will be almost entirely under the care of the good folks who make Natural Calm. He still tics a little. Nothing major. Entirely live-able. I may try making some other changes/additions as we go along, just to see what happens. I'm just happy we'll be off of drugs.

Oh, we've also started him on Focus Attention. Going to give that a couple weeks more to see how it works. So far it's hard to tell.

Thanks for all your advice, everyone!

Great news!

I would love to hear feedback on the Focus Attention if you have time.

It's kind of early yet to really make a call on the Focus Attention. Plus, right now we're Focusing all of our Attention on coming off the Tenex and seeing how it reacts.

I'll definitely let you know when and if we've start seeing any affects.

Great news!

I would love to hear feedback on the Focus Attention if you have time.

It's kind of early yet to really make a call on the Focus Attention. Plus, right now we're Focusing all of our Attention on coming off the Tenex and seeing how it reacts.

I'll definitely let you know when and if we've start seeing any affects.

Did I just refer to my son as "it?"