ACN Latitudes Forums

Dopamine 2 levels

Someone just posted that at the AO conference, it was mentioned that high D2 levels were indicative of PANDAS.

Is there any published reference for that, or a slide from the conference? That's my DS8's main elevation (twice normal) and I would like to show that to our docs.

Thanks!

lfran --

Dr. Cunningham did, indeed, have a slide with some bar graphs on it, depicting PANDAS levels of various components (DP1, DP2, CAMK11, etc.) versus control levels of the same components, etc. I believe the information on the slides is part of what will be published shortly. You might also inquire of AutismOne about purchasing a CD of Dr. Cunningham's presentation for $20 via their website; first, though, I'd make sure that the manner in which they filmed the session includes some sort of "split screen" or particular focus on the slides themselves.

Lastly, I guess another option might be to contact Dr. Cunningham directly and ask if she would share her presentation. It might be that she's prohibited from doing so due to the pending publication, but it is worth a try.

Thanks. I will try both of those routes.

lfran --

Dr. Cunningham did, indeed, have a slide with some bar graphs on it, depicting PANDAS levels of various components (DP1, DP2, CAMK11, etc.) versus control levels of the same components, etc. I believe the information on the slides is part of what will be published shortly. You might also inquire of AutismOne about purchasing a CD of Dr. Cunningham's presentation for $20 via their website; first, though, I'd make sure that the manner in which they filmed the session includes some sort of "split screen" or particular focus on the slides themselves.

Lastly, I guess another option might be to contact Dr. Cunningham directly and ask if she would share her presentation. It might be that she's prohibited from doing so due to the pending publication, but it is worth a try.