ACN Latitudes Forums

Biaxin generics (again)

So I mentioned it once before, but I swear my son does better on one generic of Biaxin than others. Each time we go to the same pharmacy, we cross our fingers that it will be from one particular manufacturer because 1) it doesn't have a taste or smell, and 2) I think it works better. But the dang pharmacy refuses to order from one particular manufacturer for me. Frustrating! Has anyone else noticed this? It must have to do with binding ingredients or something. Is there a way to see all the ingredients in a Rx?

you could try contacting the manufacturer directly to get your questions answered.

or you could see if a different pharmacy will be willing to order this particular brand for you

I'm thinking...but I personally don't have any experience with this...that if the generic doesn't have a smell or taste, maybe there are less additives--which could be a good thing.

I have found the big-name pharmacies to be not very good or careful at getting you the real ingredients. I have better luck with one of the compounding pharmacies, even when the medicine is not compounded, they are more likely to take the time and be careful and get the information you need on ingredients, and even get the brand you want.

Michael

Our last liquid suspension refill (generic) actually had the pharmicist questioning the properties of the mix as it was not dissolving for him. I explained that it seemed different the last time we got it too and my dd complained ferociously about it not tasting right and having a horrible texture and clumpiness. I'd swear she didn't get the proper dosig either becuase it stuck so to the walls of the spoon or dispenser (we tried several). My dd 12 determined it was best from a baking measuring spoon as she could adequately lick the rest from the spoon bowl. How can we have adequate treatment if the pharmaceutical companies don't even produce the same product with consistency?