ACN Latitudes Forums

Does anyone have a good system for tracking behavior/symptoms?

I'm trying to decide on the best way to track my son's behaviors, symptoms and reactions to meds. I thought maybe a spread sheet that I could then pull data from but wonder if anecdotal notes are better or a combo of the two. What has worked well for you?

Also I feel like a police interrogator when my son comes home as so much of the behaviors are much more intense at school I have to question to kind of get a good sense of where he's at. To avoid that I was considering developing a little chart he could fill out daily rating tics, adhd, etc. He felt this was preferable to me bugging him. :angry: Obviously there are things he just doesn't know or realize are happening but often when a downward trend is starting he knows it first.

Thoughts? Successes? Things that didn't work?

thanks,

Becky

I'm trying to decide on the best way to track my son's behaviors, symptoms and reactions to meds. I thought maybe a spread sheet that I could then pull data from but wonder if anecdotal notes are better or a combo of the two. What has worked well for you?

Also I feel like a police interrogator when my son comes home as so much of the behaviors are much more intense at school I have to question to kind of get a good sense of where he's at. To avoid that I was considering developing a little chart he could fill out daily rating tics, adhd, etc. He felt this was preferable to me bugging him. :) Obviously there are things he just doesn't know or realize are happening but often when a downward trend is starting he knows it first.

Thoughts? Successes? Things that didn't work?

thanks,

Becky

I am interested as well- I have been sending myself emails from my two different accounts so I can date and record it when we have "episodes" or ramping up or adding of new symptoms but I think I will start a more formal system- there is just too much to keep track of! I have started keeping all my medical records and test results in a 3 ring binder- so I can pull out studies and test results to any doctor I see. One of the Dr's took copies today of several different tests to see if they could come up with anything else that might be going on! Probably will start a dated diary- maybe a spreadsheet.

Brandy

LLM's presentation at the AO conference included a graphic via which she had charted her DS's behavior/symptoms via Buster's Excel, and it made for a great, one-glance picture of what was happening at which point in time . . . key for our doctors, I would think, since they're always in a hurry!

I just PMed Buster to ask if he would mind posting that Excel again. Let's hope he has a chance to check in before too long. I'd like a working copy of it, too!

I took busters concept and created a yearlong tracking sheet that will track daily, weekly, monthly and ytd progress based on symptoms you want to track. I also have a separate file that's linked to the log file that creates reports to send to our dr.

It keeps a numerical score as well as anecdotal notes so you keep a full picture

If you PM me with your email address I'd be more than happy to send them to you

Edited by airial95

I took busters concept and created a yearlong tracking sheet that will track daily, weekly, monthly and ytd progress based on symptoms you want to track. I also have a separate file that's linked to the log file that creates reports to send to our dr.

It keeps a numerical score as well as anecdotal notes so you keep a full picture

Wow! Impressive! I'm PMing you right now! Thanks!

I just PM'd you and am so thankful for your offer. This sounds like exactly what I need. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am interested as well- I have been sending myself emails from my two different accounts so I can date and record it when we have "episodes" or ramping up or adding of new symptoms but I think I will start a more formal system- there is just too much to keep track of! I have started keeping all my medical records and test results in a 3 ring binder- so I can pull out studies and test results to any doctor I see. One of the Dr's took copies today of several different tests to see if they could come up with anything else that might be going on! Probably will start a dated diary- maybe a spreadsheet.

Brandy

Brandy,

I have the binder started too with all copies of his blood work, doctor's reports, notes from meeting with or speaking with dr.s and even print outs of some of Buster's posts and good articles on PANDAS to share with others who are looking for info or for uneducated docs. :) I think it is invaluable and I love being able to refer to things in seconds.

Brandy

Brandy,

I have the binder started too with all copies of his blood work, doctor's reports, notes from meeting with or speaking with dr.s and even print outs of some of Buster's posts and good articles on PANDAS to share with others who are looking for info or for uneducated docs. :) I think it is invaluable and I love being able to refer to things in seconds.

I have a similar binder, but it also includes all or my monthly tracking reports and I've taken it to every appt. As soo as I get the laptop fired up today I'll email out the spreadsheets!!!