ACN Latitudes Forums

What if...for now... we stay with the status quo, plan from yesterday?

Voting for others with their permission is not posted on their website as a violation. Pepsi cannot expect everyone to call for clarification and the representative Vickie spoke to could be mistaken, right? It's not like we don't ALL have experience with that with insurance company reps giving us the wrong info we then go and make major discussions upon!!! I'm sure most people aren't calling nor do they have any idea there was a rule change. If you're going to do something like that, you have to make people click a box they read the rule change when logging in or something to ensure they were notified.

If they disqualify votes later, sobeit. There is no getting around it; if Pepsi decides to sift through and disqualify votes, it won't only be "our votes" but all of our alliances votes too. EVERYONE will have disqualified votes! What I'm saying is everyone will be in the same boat and it will not reflect poorly on the disease. But, if we let days go by and turn out to be wrong, we'll never be able to get those votes back. Up to this minute, people are posting "sending you 25 votes" ect.

I think we should keep our plan in place until something is officially posted addressing this specific issue. If Pepsi decides to sift through all the votes, everyone will have issues!!

I agree. I think all they can do is disqualify the votes...if they can prove they are proxies. PANDAS has no control over who votes for them and how, so how could they kick us out of the contest if somebody casts proxy votes for us?

I'm all for following rules that make sense, but this one doesn't make sense to me!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if I may make a suggestion.....when posting threads here related to the Pepsi challenge.........it would be a good idea to include PANDAS in the title as then, when the Googlebots index the threads on the Web, it doesnt look like these are just Pepsi ads lol :P

by including PANDAS in the title you may even get more votes as then parents searching PANDAS will also find these threads :)

I've been posting a different link to my facebook/email requests for votes - instead of our direct PANDAS page - its a direct link to the search page that brings up PANDAS:

http://www.refresheverything.com/search/?q=Pandas

It's super quick, and you can vote from there without having to load the entire page. I agree that it's nice for people to see our story and know what this is all about - but most of my folks I'm pushing to vote - I've been pushing daily for a month now. They know, and just want an easy way to vote.

Maybe if I wasn't exhausted I would think of that, Cheri:) I will remember that! I think after today, we'll end this one anyway and let it run it's course. We'll start a new, cleaned up thread. That way if other parents want to read it, it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Edited by Vickie

My computer is a few weeks old and it freezes. Ridiculous!

I just called to complain as well. She said it had to be my computer's settings and the settings of all the other people having trouble. I asked if they had any recommended "settings" but she said no. Just have the lastest version of whatever browser. I also asked if she had gotten complaints from any others, she said no.

Kara

In order to get more support from various groups, I changed my first post on here. Let me know what you think. This might change once we get to know the newbies in June.

I have complained 3 times about the comments to pepsi

I just called to complain as well. She said it had to be my computer's settings and the settings of all the other people having trouble. I asked if they had any recommended "settings" but she said no. Just have the lastest version of whatever browser. I also asked if she had gotten complaints from any others, she said no.

Kara

In order to get more support from various groups, I changed my first post on here. Let me know what you think. This might change once we get to know the newbies in June.

I have complained 3 times about the comments to pepsi

I dropped in a fresh thread with an exclamation point on this, but since this is the main thread . . .

If you're trying to vote via Internet Explorer, that might be part of the problem. Apparently, some settings in the Explorer gum the site's download up, especially with regard to the comments.

So, use Mozilla Firefox web browser instead, and it is QUICK, QUICK, QUICK!!! I was able to place all 10 votes in less than 5 minutes, and I think it only took me that long because I was hunting around for Vickie's "picks"!

If you don't have Firefox on your computer, it is a free download; see the other thread for a link for the download.

Thank you for the tip about Firefox, but my point was that if our supporters cannot log on via a direct link (refresheveryting.com/PANDAS) then it may be too complicated for some people to go through the extra steps...therefore we are losing votes....the page freezing under IE is a technical difficulty, and should be brought to Pepsi's attention. Some of the people who were on my proxy list are family who are barely computer literate; and I had their explicit permission to create accounts for them. Downloading a new browser is out of the scope of what I would expect them to do. Now asking them to do it on their own...with the problems with IE...it just may not happen.

This is a direct quote from the Pepsi Refresh FAQ:

"What web browser should I use?

For the best site experience please use one of the following browsers:

Firefox 3.0

Firefox 3.5

IE 8

IE 7

IE 6 (*limited support where items such as carousels are not enabled)

Safari 4"

If Pepsi lists IE as a supported browser, then there should be no reason why it freezes up only using that! I use IE 8, and have kept up with all of MS's updates.

I'm thinking out loud here. If we do not win in June, we could somehow file a complaint to them along with supplying a petition of sorts with people signing it who had problems with our page freezing up. I think it's silly how Pepsi claims all of our people who live across the country , logging in different times of the day, has our page freezing yet pepsi says the error is in no way their fault.

One can easily see how big organizations, schools, and universities win these.

Edited by Vickie

I'm thinking out loud here. If we do not win in June, we could somehow file a complaint to them along with supplying a petition of sorts with people signing it who had problems with our page freezing up. I think it's silly how Pepsi claims all of our people who live across the country , logging in different times of the day, has our page freezing yet pepsi says the error is in no way their fault.

That is why I think it is important for every one to call and complain on the days that it happens. They can claim ignorance if no one or only a few complain.

It may lead to the comments getting cleared....

Not just losing votes of family and friends, but widgets that are installed on blogs and websites are a direct link to our page too...how many of those votes did we lose last month? How many more this month?

That is why I think it is important for every one to call and complain on the days that it happens. They can claim ignorance if no one or only a few complain.

It may lead to the comments getting cleared....

Not just losing votes of family and friends, but widgets that are installed on blogs and websites are a direct link to our page too...how many of those votes did we lose last month? How many more this month?

I don't think any of us really have it in us to dispute our loss...I breifly scanned the fine print, and I think we would be stuck with lawyers fees and such...however, if we show a united front we may just get those comments erased. I am willing to keep track of all complaints called in. If your computer keeps freezing, call 1- 800-768-2784. Then email me about your call at pepsicomplaints@gmail.com. Try to include the name of the person you spoke to, the time and date of the call, the nature of your complaint, and their response.

This might give us some inkling as to how serious a problem this is...it may really be nothing...

We are the only health issue in the top 10 in 50K! Please be proud of yourselves on this first day. We are not an established organization. We are not a school district with emails of every parent to contact. We are parents fighting for their kids and I think we are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the record, kids' health is much more important than a website for graphic designers.

Correction in the whole competition, there are only 2 true health topics in the top 10 (any division) and we are one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Vickie

Vickie, thanks for all you are doing on this project! I really hope June is it for us. I just sent an email to friends and family with the new link that will hopefully load more easily since most say they had trouble too.

Susan

Vickie - Is there any way to pin this first posting - with the daytime and night time supports - on the top of the page? You could probably replace the pepsi refresh post that is pinned now. That way it will be easy to find!

Thanks again for EVERYTHING> I think we are going to do it this time!

kim....As for this one, it's so busy already that I will start a new one in the morning. A cleaned up one. Kelly and I discussed getting the other one deleted as she was the original author she will request that to be deleted. Once that one gets deleted then our new cleaned up version can replace it in the top section. I'll put a hault to this one in the morning in case anyone else wants to chime in about the whole voting on others' behalf thing still tonight.Hopefully that will put to rest for the most part on thew new thread.

In order to get more causes to support us, I will rotate out the ones that are lesser supportive. they will still be reciprocated VERY fairly. So, every so often a list might change, but at that time I will draw attetion to the change and provide one of those nifty links in which all will be listed to vote from. so, it would be beneficial to look at the new thread often (once it is started in the morning).