ACN Latitudes Forums

JAG, I asked so many different scenarios. I think this stinks. I think it is not fair. I never used the word "proxy" on the phone. Perhaps they can track if the IP was a home or business? The "little guy" doesn't have chance against schools or orgs. I wonder if they will be able to tell how fast the votes came in from each IP address? Guys, ll I can say, is that if we win, we did it legit as we could. If we lose, we played fair. We are still trying to establish PANDAS as a disorder in the public's eye. I can't let any idea of "cheating" mess up the progress we have made as a community.

Edited by Vickie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JAG, I asked so many different scenarios. I think this stinks. I think it is not fair. I never used the word "proxy" on the phone. Perhaps they can track if the IP was a home or business? The "little guy" doesn't have chance against schools or orgs. I wonder if they will be able to tell how fast the votes came in from each IP address? Guys, ll I can say, is that if we win, we did it legit as we could. If we lose, we played fair. We are still trying to establish PANDAS as a disorder in the public's eye. I can't let any idea of "cheating" mutter the progress we have made as a community.

We are not "cheating" by casting votes for people who want us to do that for them...their intention is to support and help us. I think we are the ones who are being cheated- putting all this effort into playing the system the way it was designed and presented to us, then having the rug pulled out from under- the winners from the last 4 months get their grants for doing what we are not allowed?

Peg...In my opinion...we are NOT cheating. According to Pepsi, we would not be following the rules. Pepsi should change the whole thing so here is no trading votes and everyone gets one vote a day.

We just can't win the grant to have Pepsi come back and say "Um..no you didn't". I'm sorry, everyone. I am. This isn't easy for me to say to stop voting on behalf of others. I planned June around being able to vote on behalf of others. I think it may be best to put out there that if the community feels someone else should take over the campaign, please let me know. Openly discuss it. I will understand. I do think I am making the right decision.

I do wonder if their new auditing system will be able to tell how fast votes were cast from a single IP addresss.

Edited by Vickie

Peg...In my opinion...we are NOT cheating. According to Pepsi, we would not be following the rules. Pepsi should change the whole thing so here is no trading votes and everyone gets one vote a day.

We just can't win the grant to have Pepsi come back and say "Um..no you didn't". I'm sorry, everyone. I am. This isn't easy for me to say to stop voting on behalf of others. I planned June around being able to vote on behalf of others. I think it may be best to put out there that if the community feels someone else should take over the campaign, please let me know. Openly discuss it. I will understand. I do think I am making the right decision.

I do wonder if their new auditing system will be able to tell how fast votes were cast from a single IP addresss.

I think the votes are timestamped and it would be easy to put some kind of electronic monitoring on that. But, I think pepsi will look pretty bad if they have to turn away charities who think they have won...its not like the lottery where people are just doing this out of greed. These are groups who are looking to help needy people and improve communities...

I understand your reasoning, Vickie, I do. And I'm sorry you're in this position...and trying to do the right thing after your hard work has been sabotaged.

Okay, lets just do the best we can.

Vicki, I agree with your decision. We have to follow the rules...even though they stink! I have been combing the refesheverything website, trying to find contact info. I can't seem to find it--they must have just given the applicants a hotline number

Perhaps a flood of email to the corporate headquarters...at the very least requesting that the comments get deleted?

Peg, from what I understand one or more finalists did "disappear" before. That's why if you are close to the top 10 you don't stop pushing.

I said to pepsi, you mean if an impoverished communtiy who has barely any internet access and cannot vote for themselves are suppose to find a way, daily to find a computer and cast a vote? That poor woman on the phone must have wanted to hang up on me so bad.

Edited by Vickie

Phone number is listed I think under guidelines 1- 800-768-2784

They have to be careful in what they say so they are held liable for any technical problems, hence why they say it's our computers.

Vicki, I agree with your decision. We have to follow the rules...even though they stink! I have been combing the refesheverything website, trying to find contact info. I can't seem to find it--they must have just given the applicants a hotline number

Perhaps a flood of email to the corporate headquarters...at the very least requesting that the comments get deleted?

Edited by Vickie

What if...for now... we stay with the status quo, plan from yesterday?

Voting for others with their permission is not posted on their website as a violation. Pepsi cannot expect everyone to call for clarification and the representative Vickie spoke to could be mistaken, right? It's not like we don't ALL have experience with that with insurance company reps giving us the wrong info we then go and make major discussions upon!!! I'm sure most people aren't calling nor do they have any idea there was a rule change. If you're going to do something like that, you have to make people click a box they read the rule change when logging in or something to ensure they were notified.

If they disqualify votes later, sobeit. There is no getting around it; if Pepsi decides to sift through and disqualify votes, it won't only be "our votes" but all of our alliances votes too. EVERYONE will have disqualified votes! What I'm saying is everyone will be in the same boat and it will not reflect poorly on the disease. But, if we let days go by and turn out to be wrong, we'll never be able to get those votes back. Up to this minute, people are posting "sending you 25 votes" ect.

I think we should keep our plan in place until something is officially posted addressing this specific issue. If Pepsi decides to sift through all the votes, everyone will have issues!!

I just called this number, and didn't even address the proxy votes...I wanted a complaint registered that the website is STILL FREEZING when I go directly to www.refresheverything.com/PANDAS

If "technical difficulties" is the loophole, then we need proof of it.....EVERYONE who has difficulty loading this page should call, and should also mention if friends and family have complained to them also.

She said they have not had any complaints, I said that was why I was calling....I asked if they could remove the comments, she said no. She said she had no difficultly loading our page, and it must be my computer...I told her that this page is the only one that freezes my computer. I admit, I was a bit testy to her, but I think if we are expecting our friends and family to cast votes for our cause without our help, then we should really push for the website to be running as smoothly as possible...

I told her that the people on the online forum that I participate in, are still reporting that the page is slow.

Phone number is listed I think under guidelines 1- 800-768-2784

They have to be careful in what they say so they are held liable for any technical problems, hence why they say it's our computers.

In order to get more support from various groups, I changed my first post on here. Let me know what you think. This might change once we get to know the newbies in June.

I have complained 3 times about the comments to pepsi

Edited by Vickie

I just called to complain as well. She said it had to be my computer's settings and the settings of all the other people having trouble. I asked if they had any recommended "settings" but she said no. Just have the lastest version of whatever browser. I also asked if she had gotten complaints from any others, she said no.

Kara

In order to get more support from various groups, I changed my first post on here. Let me know what you think. This might change once we get to know the newbies in June.

I agree, too. Take the high road. Follow the rules.

I just called to complain as well. She said it had to be my computer's settings and the settings of all the other people having trouble. I asked if they had any recommended "settings" but she said no. Just have the lastest version of whatever browser. I also asked if she had gotten complaints from any others, she said no.

Kara

I dropped in a fresh thread with an exclamation point on this, but since this is the main thread . . .

If you're trying to vote via Internet Explorer, that might be part of the problem. Apparently, some settings in the Explorer gum the site's download up, especially with regard to the comments.

So, use Mozilla Firefox web browser instead, and it is QUICK, QUICK, QUICK!!! I was able to place all 10 votes in less than 5 minutes, and I think it only took me that long because I was hunting around for Vickie's "picks"!

If you don't have Firefox on your computer, it is a free download; see the other thread for a link for the download.