ACN Latitudes Forums

10 days post IVIG

It has been ten days and today we sat outside (beautiful day here in NH) and had dinner. It was a whole 45 minutes before we saw a compulsion and we only saw it then because someone at the table commented on it. My son agreed with the comment and said, "I think it is working!" I think it is working too. I hope and pray this last. I know it might be up and down, I know we might need another IVIG, but I am sooooo thankful for 45 minutes of relief for me son!

Its a beautiful thing!!!Great,so glad to see that hes doing well.

Melanie

Thank you, It is a beautiful thing isn't it. Question. My son was with friends for 2 days, I was at a wedding. He did pretty good with them, They dropped him off today at 2. He slept until 5. We ate outside, he did great. Now it is kicking in again, not anywhere near pre IVIG, but it is starting. I am wondering if he is reacting to out cat. Could his body start shooting off antibodies because of his cat allergy? I asked Dr.K about it last week but I wasn't quite clear on his answer. He started to say the IVIG would take care of that but ended up saying don't get a cat. I told him we already had a cat. Not sure what to think.

Awesome!! So glad he is doing well!! I know what you mean about the 45 minutes. We are post pex, and had a beautiful 3 weeks of our son being 95%. We think he was re-exposed at school, and now he is probably at 75%. But those were the most beautiful 3 weeks of my life, and they will keep me going for awhile!!

Sarah

Melanie

ditto!!!

Oh so happy for you!!!

I hear you Sarah, I'll take whatever I can get too.

Awesome!! So glad he is doing well!! I know what you mean about the 45 minutes. We are post pex, and had a beautiful 3 weeks of our son being 95%. We think he was re-exposed at school, and now he is probably at 75%. But those were the most beautiful 3 weeks of my life, and they will keep me going for awhile!!

Sarah

Melanie

ditto!!!

Oh so happy for you!!!

Could his body start shooting off antibodies because of his cat allergy? I asked Dr.K about it last week but I wasn't quite clear on his answer. He started to say the IVIG would take care of that but ended up saying don't get a cat. I told him we already had a cat. Not sure what to think.

Does your son have a diagnosed allergy to the cat? Do you use antihistimines? How was he at his friend's house - before he came home? I am curious because I have a very allergic son. We've not done IVIG yet, and I know IVIG is supposed to "reset" allergies a bit... but I am curious as to how much change there is after.

I haven't had the actual test done yet because they won't do it until he is off an abx for at least 10 days. I am pretty sure he will show an allergy to cats. When we first moved here, he would start sneezing a lot, get itchy red eyes, etc. When that would happen I would give him an antihistimine and that would take care of it. I haven't seen those symptoms in a while. Maybe if he puts the cat on his lap and pats it a while they will come out. I'm wondering if now his symptoms are strickly PANDAS symptoms like when he gets strept. He never gets the typical red sore throat, just PANDAS symptoms ramp up.

Could his body start shooting off antibodies because of his cat allergy? I asked Dr.K about it last week but I wasn't quite clear on his answer. He started to say the IVIG would take care of that but ended up saying don't get a cat. I told him we already had a cat. Not sure what to think.

Does your son have a diagnosed allergy to the cat? Do you use antihistimines? How was he at his friend's house - before he came home? I am curious because I have a very allergic son. We've not done IVIG yet, and I know IVIG is supposed to "reset" allergies a bit... but I am curious as to how much change there is after.

That is very interesting. My son certainly does have tics etc with allergies - especially if he also has an infection brewing. It all goes into the same nervous system and the allergy can be just the thing that makes it spill over into a reaction if he already has an infection brewing.

Please keep us posted as you sort this out. I will be interested in hearing how his allergies are now that he has had IVIG.

I hope I'm not mis-quoting here. We just saw Dr. B yesterday. My PANDAS child has severe seasonal allergies, which do seem to exacerbate her tics. I specifically asked if IVIG could reduce her allergies, and he said that since allergies are IgE related, that IVIG would have no effect on them.