ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone knows a PANDAS ped in L.A?

Deby,

You should e-mail ILADS and request a Dr. for your area. Lyme Dr.'s are very versed in testing and treated bacterias associated with Lyme and co-infections like mycoplasma.

http://www.ilads.org/

I understand Pamela has a PANDAS child/maybe twins that are PANDAS. She is a great start for referral of local Dr.s also.

Dr. Pamela Varady

Clinical Psycologist

Family Therapy/Family Skills Therapy

Santa Monica, CA

www.askdrvarady.com

www.learn2listen.com

Somebody more local will also be able to provide more referrals.

-Wendy

I'm starting to think that my son sudden tics might be PANDAS,

Does any one know a ped in LA?

Hi Deby, I live in L.A. area (Palos Verdes) and I know there are a few Lyme lit. docs in the South Bay but I haven't found a doc who is interested in PANDAS yet. The Lyme docs would probably be willing to order all the labs though. Treatment is a different issue.

Here's the LA doc that's listed under the helpful threads:

Thomas Lin, M.D.

UCLA Board Certified Pediatrician

Gave us a diagnosis when no one else could. Very friendly, easy to talk to, and seemed to know PANDAS quite well. His son is autistic and has OCD symptoms. Believes in infections other than strep causing issues too. No treatment protocol to post yet.

4634 Barranca Pkwy

Irvine, CA 92604

office: 949-681-0777

fax: 949-681-0788

www.irvinekidsmd.com

e-mail: autismmd@cox.net

Thank you, thank you to everybody, hopefully I'll find some answer to my son sudden tics.

I am so happy that I found this forum which such amazing people.

I was so depressed in the beginning (and actually I still am) but at least I have hope, and I know what things to try.

Thank you again!

Hi Deby, I live in L.A. area (Palos Verdes) and I know there are a few Lyme lit. docs in the South Bay but I haven't found a doc who is interested in PANDAS yet. The Lyme docs would probably be willing to order all the labs though. Treatment is a different issue.

We traveled 19 hrs from NM to see Dr. Linn in Irvine Ca. He is vey knowledgeable and listens. He was a Blessing.

What did Dr Linn say ? Did he gave any medicines or any protocol he plans on doing. I met Dr S. Gupta at UCI at Irvine plaza . He did all the blood test for IGG and dnase titers which came negative. Only high side was allergy levels . Can Tics be caused by allergy if yes why they respond by antibiotic. I am puzzled by this as none seems to know so thats why i want to know what did Dr Linn say. IVIG is very hard and success rate is still at debate .

What did Dr Linn say ? Did he gave any medicines or any protocol he plans on doing. I met Dr S. Gupta at UCI at Irvine plaza . He did all the blood test for IGG and dnase titers which came negative. Only high side was allergy levels . Can Tics be caused by allergy if yes why they respond by antibiotic. I am puzzled by this as none seems to know so thats why i want to know what did Dr Linn say. IVIG is very hard and success rate is still at debate .

He said it was Pandas and he sees kids everyday like my son.We started him on Antibiotics in a week we will start steroids burst anfd then start trying to get appmoved for IVIG. Kids with Pandas have a weekend imune system so allergies could be related to Pandas and are common. All of m sons tests came back negative except the Cunningham, it was elevated in every area except 1. The Cuningham results and my sons sypmtoms was enough for a diagnosis.

If strep titers are negative and Iggs are normal. PLEASE, PLEASE test for mycoplasma and Lyme prior to IVIG. Treating properly with antibiotics in advance of IVIG might make a huge difference in its ability to help.

-Wendy

We tested for that too. All negative. I do not think I will ever find a facility to do IVIG

Ghostrider, here is an old thread on Dr. Gupta you might find interesting. http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...art=#entry46105

Ghostrider, here is an old thread on Dr. Gupta you might find interesting. http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...art=#entry46105

I posted what Dr. Linn told us. Did you read it?