ACN Latitudes Forums

Interesting article!

That is amazing! And it correlates with how ivig and pex is supposed to work with shutting down the production of T cells in the bone marrow and infusing with good antibodies. It seems like the transplanting is more of a direct way to do this and ivig and pex work along similiar pathways, albeit slower???

That is amazing! And it correlates with how ivig and pex is supposed to work with shutting down the production of T cells in the bone marrow and infusing with good antibodies. It seems like the transplanting is more of a direct way to do this and ivig and pex work along similiar pathways, albeit slower???

is that true.....that's what i was understanding too...but grasping things is coming slower to me these days...

if that is true...it is more confirming of me pursueing ivig...

for the first time last spring my ds pulled his hair out .....then i put it together, when i saw him grab a hair after his first day of soccer practice...it's almost seasonal for him or sends him on over drive for during that season....

did you guys see SIMply posted a video that aired in utah with the noble prize winner who did the study!!!.

Cans someone splice these 2 threads together

If the tone of this post sounds like the frustration is directed at anyone here, IT ISN'T! I just find myself thinking more and more that this stuff is like some big revelation that these people are providing and I can't help but to feel a little resentful. For as many years as I have been gleaning info from autism websites without having an autistic child myself, not to mention the work that Sheila Rogers, Cheri and countless others have done, PARENTS have been screaming this for a long long time now. WHY is this a big surprize? They are only getting around to looking at this now? Parents have been using every method under the sun to try to treat the underlying cause of what they have been told was a psyciatric condition. What did they get? "Here take this drug or get out." Many many knew better.

I sure understand that this is an important step in the right direction, for at least a substantial amt. of people, but I can't help but feel like its a little late to the table when so many without a PhD have thought it was fairly obvious.

from the article

"The recognition that many neuropsychiatric diseases have a direct connection to the immune system emphasises that we should be taking immune deficiencies associated with neuropsychiatric disease much more seriously,"
Edited by kim

AMEN SISTER!!

If the tone of this post sounds like the frustration is directed at anyone here, IT ISN'T! I just find myself thinking more and more that this stuff is like some big revelation that these people are providing and I can't help but to feel a little resentful. For as many years as I have been gleaning info from autism websites without having an autistic child myself, not to mention the work that Sheila Rogers, Cheri and countless others have done, PARENTS have been screaming this for a long long time now. WHY is this a big surprize? They are only getting around to looking at this now? Parents have been using every method under the sun to try to treat the underlying cause of what they have been told was a psyciatric condition. What did they get? "Here take this drug or get out." Many many knew better.

I sure understand that this is an important step in the right direction, for at least a substantial amt. of people, but I can't help but feel like its a little late to the table when so many without a PhD have thought it was fairly obvious.

from the article

"The recognition that many neuropsychiatric diseases have a direct connection to the immune system emphasises that we should be taking immune deficiencies associated with neuropsychiatric disease much more seriously,"