ACN Latitudes Forums

OCD conference in DC in July

Hi everyone!

Since Tmom and I are the locals- we would love to get all of the pandas families together at some point, probably Friday night. Please PM me your email if you think you might be attending, and we will keep you in the loop...

Eileen

Just looked at the schedule...looks like all the pandas stuff is recommended for researchers. Will we be allowed into those sessions?

Actually, one session is for parents, one for therapists, and one for researchers. But anyone can attend any session regardless of the intent of the session. The language can be hard to understand at least for me, in the research sessions. But you are welcome to come to all workshops. I went to a lot of therapist sessions last year and they were very helpful in terms of learning real tools. This year, I am going to all pandas sessions, including the research track.

Hi everyone!

Since Tmom and I are the locals- we would love to get all of the pandas families together at some point, probably Friday night. Please PM me your email if you think you might be attending, and we will keep you in the loop...

Eileen

Hi DC Mom,

Any way to find out if it will be recorded? I'm in SF and would love to be there. Andrea

• 4 weeks later...

Am I reading the brochure correctly.... one day is $160?

Are those attending going solo or bringing their children?

I'm near Phila., but could drop the girls off at my mom's in Baltimore....

After considerable debate, we decided to make our family vacation D.C. in July this summer. So DH, DS and I will be there. Frankly, we've been dealing with a great deal of OCD behavior at home . . . ever since school let out and DS has been free to let his mind wander . . . so we're hoping some of the kid/teen programming there will be a good opportunity for him to learn some things and also meet some other kids who struggle with some of the same stuff he does.

We're actually coming out a few days early to do some site-seeing, and then we're all three set up to attend the conference. I met a few of the ACN ranks at the AO conference last month, and I really look forward to meeting more of us in July.

I'm PM you my email, dcmom. Thanks! ^_^

Hi Nancy (and everyone)

Yes! My darn inbox is full, I have to get my act together and write down who emailed me about the conference, and about Dr L's gift- so I can clear it out. Hopefully tonight.

Tmom and I would like to plan a casual dinner near the conference hotel for Friday night. (Friday is the biggest pandas day at the OCD conference). I am planning on a really casual bbq at my house on Thursday night, for those who will be in town early. I live in NWDC- about 5 miles from downtown- however, the conference (I think) is actually in Arlington, VA.

I will post more, and send out emails about both the gift and the get togethers asap.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone- and so are my girls!

Eileen

Hi, Eileen:

FYI - you can archive older messages when your inbox gets full so you don't lose them. You can delete them but e-mail the consolidated list of deleted messages to your regular e-mail address in either HTML or Excel format, so you can store them in your local e-mail client on your PC and review them at any time. I do this periodically, and it works great!

Check out the Help info about Archive Messages here:

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...DE=01&HID=6

Hope that helps!

Hi Nancy (and everyone)

Yes! My darn inbox is full, I have to get my act together and write down who emailed me about the conference, and about Dr L's gift- so I can clear it out. Hopefully tonight.

Tmom and I would like to plan a casual dinner near the conference hotel for Friday night. (Friday is the biggest pandas day at the OCD conference). I am planning on a really casual bbq at my house on Thursday night, for those who will be in town early. I live in NWDC- about 5 miles from downtown- however, the conference (I think) is actually in Arlington, VA.

I will post more, and send out emails about both the gift and the get togethers asap.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone- and so are my girls!

Eileen

Hi,

Can you give me the dates in July? I can't get the link to work. Do you happen to have a contact number to register as well? Thanks very much.

FYI here is the tentative schedule for relevant PANDAS stuff (that I saw, maybe more) for Friday:

11am: Dr. Cunningham speaking

1:30pm: Dr. Latimer, another doc (phD), and 2 parents speaking

4pm: Dr. K. and 2 parents speaking

http://www.ocfoundation.org/conference.aspx#Calendar