ACN Latitudes Forums

ERP Success Story

Hi,

I am so proud of my daughter! She has been unable to drive any where near our local hospital since January. After dignosing PANDAS and starting abx 5 weeks ago, she has been able to overcome a lot of things. We've continued with CBT/ERP and over the past few weeks, as she has gotten stronger/braver, we started driving closer and closer to the hospital. This evening, we were able to drive past the hospital not once, but twice! Wahoo!!! :D

Hopefully this success will help her overcome some of here remaining fears, most of which are related to that January visit.

Thanks for listening!

Kara

Kara - Congratulations to you! What a wonderful pay off for all of the hard work your family has put into this! Could you remind me how old your daughter is?

Thanks!!

She just turned 8 last month.

Congratulations, Kara! ERP is hard work, especially for an 8-year-old! I'm sure being able to ride by without collapsing was a reward in and of itself, but sweetening the pot a little with an ice cream cone or a favorite dish for dinner never hurts!

And a glass of wine for Mom, too, while you're at it! :D

Edited by MomWithOCDSon

Really good to hear that Kara.....we've had good success with ERP for some writing/retracing issues, and I was kind of amazed how the kids can really tackle some of this if they want to.......I know it might not be for everyone, but I do think its worth a try.

Hi,

I am so proud of my daughter! She has been unable to drive any where near our local hospital since January. After dignosing PANDAS and starting abx 5 weeks ago, she has been able to overcome a lot of things. We've continued with CBT/ERP and over the past few weeks, as she has gotten stronger/braver, we started driving closer and closer to the hospital. This evening, we were able to drive past the hospital not once, but twice! Wahoo!!! :D

Hopefully this success will help her overcome some of here remaining fears, most of which are related to that January visit.

Thanks for listening!

Kara

That's wonderful news! Sounds like your daughter is well on the road to an excellent recovery!!!

Thanks, Everyone. Hoping to bring her out today to get a well deserved new kite!! (Her old one got stuck in a tree last fall - right around the time of her OCD onset). I can't wait to see her and her kite flying free!