ACN Latitudes Forums

THE new Pepsi Thread

I just got an email from Tacoma after inquiring about their honoring our agreement. They told me they have only been voting for those who leave comments! Wish I new that! So, they dropped the ball. So that is why our ranking dropped.

We need to steer away from Tacoma. They messed us up.

Well, we can vote for WMS now:)

Edited by Vickie

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an email from Tacoma after inquiring about their honoring our agreement. They told me they have only been voting for those who leave comments! Wish I new that! So, they dropped the ball. So that is why our ranking dropped.

I've been leaving comments for multiple votes, have they been matching?

Do you want me to trade them for WMS?

I wouldn't vote for Tacoma anymore since they technically owe us thousands already.

Not that it really matters, but I also feel that WMS is a much better cause...Tacoma's 25k is only going to benefit 12 swimmers! WMS's computer lab will help A LOT more kids...

Edited by EAMom

I wouldn't vote for Tacoma anymore since they technically owe us thousands already.

Not that it really matters, but I also feel that WMS is a much better cause...Tacoma's 25k is only going to benefit 12 swimmers! WMS's computer lab will help A LOT more kids...

Okee doke....Tacoma out, WMS in!

Peg, I went to our page. In the last 24 hours, tacoma has left 9 comments. I have a feeling that represents 9 votes. This is a hard decision. If you do stop voting for them, peg, don't bother replacing them with anyone else. June is going to be here soon enough. Why replace those profiles twice? When June comes, if voting varies from this month,which I think it will, I can take some of your emails for the day and help you load up your profiles. I don't know how time consuming it is to do that for 300 emails.

I may even take all those who listed their proxy number and just ask if I can assign them who to vote for. No guessing of where to cast them. Lot of work to still do. Time for me to start voting.

Off topic, one of our allies explained something to me. On the first day of the month, all entries are randomly given rankings ( it represent nothing). They stay like that for 3 days, then our new rankings are given to us based on the first 3 days of voting. Pepsi explained it to them. That is very helpful information.

Peg, I went to our page. In the last 24 hours, tacoma has left 9 comments. I have a feeling that represents 9 votes. This is a hard decision. If you do stop voting for them, peg, don't bother replacing them with anyone else. June is going to be here soon enough. Why replace those profiles twice? When June comes, if voting varies from this month,which I think it will, I can take some of your emails for the day and help you load up your profiles. I don't know how time consuming it is to do that for 300 emails.

I may even take all those who listed their proxy number and just ask if I can assign them who to vote for. No guessing of where to cast them. Lot of work to still do. Time for me to start voting.

Off topic, one of our allies explained something to me. On the first day of the month, all entries are randomly given rankings ( it represent nothing). They stay like that for 3 days, then our new rankings are given to us based on the first 3 days of voting. Pepsi explained it to them. That is very helpful information.

Well, I kind of feel like WMS was still faithful to us, even when we left them and its not that big of a problem to switch out one thing on the profile, especially since WMS is so easy to type in.

I don't think its possible to change out a profile, is it? What I've noticed is when you don't vote for something over a few days, it slips to the bottom of the list.

yeah, I found it easy to vote for wms as it's just further down my profile.

I don't know how to delete stuff from my profile though...it'd be good to delete tacoma so I don't accidentally vote for them.

Thank you for all the hard work you guys are putting into this ;) ...it can't be easy to deal with this behind the scenes!

I just wanted to clarify that we will definitely be in for next month...so I can start to send emails urging the continuation of voting and proxies...

MUST VOTE for "Warrior's Wish" in 50K (this agreement could change everything)http://www.refresheverything.com/warriorswishfoundation

Please do NOT vote for Tacoma unless you can leave a comment for every single vote you cast. They will only vote for left comments (they decided that w/o telling us awhile ago!). Do not say "50 votes fro...m PANDAS". They may only return 1 vote. Read last night's entry for more info.

PANDAS is "squeaky clean", following rules, and keeps their word!We expect that respect reciprocated...along with votes:)

I want Warrior's Wish support for June. I think we are on a trial. PLEASE support them! They promised they will keep their word as verteran's. I respect that.

I know some may not know why I am still pushing so hard for May, but big groups look at our ranking when deciding if they want to join us in June.

Edited by Vickie

Reminder....vote for Warrior's Wish. Do not leave a comment. We have a trust between us. Thank you! I know they may be improving and we aren't but I have to give it a whole day to see the impact. I am hopeful and confident.

Also...

Reply form Pepsi

Thank you for contacting us with regards to the Pepsi Refresh Project. It is our pleasure to assist you.

It appears that the comments do stay and roll over with the project.

Please be advised I have forwarded your email to our Senior Pepsi Refresh Team for their review. Perhaps removing the comments on the roll over projects is something we could initiate in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for choosing Pepsi! Together, we're going to do a lot of good!!

I responded to them saying how we may lose based on a technical difficualty and how I do not see that as fair. Then our votes and ranking should roll over as well. I know it won't but I felt compelled to express that to them.

Just an idea! Everyone may want to contact their e-mail lists before Monday to get additional proxies. I sent the following out today to everyone on my list. Many have been voting but I am not sure how faithful they would be into June:

Friends and Family,

First of all, a huge thank you to all of you who have been faithfully voting for the Pepsi Refresh grant for Dr. Cunningham's PANDAS research. Your support means the world to us! This is a good news/bad news scenario. The bad news is that we are currently in 23rd place. We hope to pull up into the top 10 in the next 3 days. However, there is a great likelihood that this won't happen.

The good news is that since we are in the top 100, we will roll into the month of June and voting will begin again. Since we now have a larger voting base, there is a good chance we can start and finish strong in June. A strong start is key as many of the leaders this month are roll overs from last month. I realize that many of you are tiring of the daily voting and slow performance of the site. There are several options available to you:

1. Continue voting daily through the month of June as you have been doing for May.

http://www.refresheverything.com/pandas

2. If you are tired of voting and would like me to vote daily for you, you may send me your username and password and I will cast your daily vote when I am casting mine.

3. If you are currently voting through Facebook and want me to take over voting for you, I will need to set up an account for you on the Pepsi Refresh site. To do this, I will need your birthdate and e-mail address.

Proxy voting is allowed, so this is not violating Pepsi Refresh rules.

Again, thank you for all of your support!

May- We totally understand where you are coming from as we are standing in the exact same situation. This month was fruitful in many ways;

• learned the ins and outs and pitfalls of this contest
  • for an unknown, orphaned disease, our competition and future allies know we are a tenacious bunch
  • rallied, grown and continue to expand our powerful voting base
  • developed leadership to coordinate and maximize our efforts toward the goal
  • represented our love and committment to our children with honor and integrity

The hope of the "commenting" efforts of May is that we have demonstrated the credibility necessary to maintain strong, faithful and determined alliances for June. The creative "get us noticed" comments of May were needed to reach that end or folks would be replying back to Vicki and Kelly "Who are you? I've never even heard of that!" We also learned that many of the top players now in winning position have relatively few comments compared to us, their groundwork was already laid. We also know how much the comments slow down our page load.

Do NOT think your hard work from the past 4 weeks or through this weekend is for nothing!!! IT IS NOT!!! It is absolutely necessary or we are pulling the rug right out from under our own feet in terms of our ability to negotiate. Our massive voting efforts this holiday weekend will put an exclamation point on all we have already demonstrated!

We are heroes; every single one of us! For our own children and for our pandas family.

-

Edited by JAG10