ACN Latitudes Forums

THE new Pepsi Thread

Laughing at myself...thought you guys might need a chuckle...

So...you know you're "hardcore" (some of my friends might call me "shameless") when you even manage to convince the air conditioner salesman you just paid to vote for PANDAS...and when you have him so convinced he offers to put it up on his Facebook page BEFORE you have a chance to tell him there's actually an app!! ha ha ha

yeah, I'm THAT mom. :-)

<_< Cyber kiss for ya! Love you!!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so what's the deal when the site loads, but there is no "sign in" at the bottom and no "vote" button? I've got a lot of proxies to cast and wanted to do it before the young 'un gets home from school.

Okay, so what's the deal when the site loads, but there is no "sign in" at the bottom and no "vote" button? I've got a lot of proxies to cast and wanted to do it before the young 'un gets home from school.

It's been horrendously slow today. I keep getting messages from folks not on my proxy list who are voting themselves and complaining about the site. A couple decided to add themselves to my proxy list afterall because they didn't want to deal with it anymore... not good....

I suggest you close your browser and try again. Seems to help a *little* today.

Hm... I'm not having any problem except for taking a couple seconds to load comments. One way to speed a computer is to clean out temp internet files. Again, if you need help with votes, we can take some on or if you want to just cast the votes, but not wait for the comments to load up, let us know where you voted and how many you cast and we'll leave the comments for you.

Unfortunately, the closer to the end of the month, it may work slower. The more people submissions get to vote, the more people on the Pepsi page, and then that slows it down. Some have notified Pepsi complaining about the lack of speed.

MUST VOTES STARTING NOW!!!!!!

PANDAS (:0)

SKIP PROGRAM (250K)

TACOMA SWIM CLUB (25K)

MUST VOTE FOR THESE CAUSES!!!!! Put them at the top of your list!

Please leave comments if you can!!!!

There's a funny little post on Skip's page tonight that reads:

Audrey Grams

I finally figured out how to work the third way to vote and now you will get even more from Phi Theta Kappa food Pantry

So I thought... well, I know I can log onto the site and vote, and I know I can ALSO log on to my Facebook page and vote....

so it occurs to me, i wonder if i add a widget to a website if I can vote a THIRD time.

I don't have my own website or blog and the code doesn't work on MySpace. Anyone out there who can test?

I see Megan K (3 hours ago) noted she was leaving 124 votes from the SKIP program for the baseball/softball field in Lebanon CT! They are in the 50 K category--

:D this is exhausting! Is there any inkling as to how many votes any of us actually get each day -- can we see that anywhere?

keeping on...

Edited by T.Mom

MUST VOTES STARTING NOW!!!!!!

PANDAS (:0)

SKIP PROGRAM (250K)

TACOMA SWIM CLUB (25K)

MUST VOTE FOR THESE CAUSES!!!!! Put them at the top of your list!

Please leave comments if you can!!!!

To the Folks Heading Up the "Refresh the PANDAS Research" Campaign:

The last several times I've tried to do things on the PANDAS page of the Pepsi Refresh Project contest, the site has been prohibitively slow -- and often freezes up entirely. I'm able to cast votes from a profile page easily, but can't do a thing on the PANDAS page. I'm afraid potential new votes will be lost when people get on our page to vote -- perhaps for the first time -- and find the site non-functional. Can we ask the Pepsi people for a tune up? If removing some of the thousands of comments that have accumulated would solve the problem, it would be worth it to allow more votes to come in!

Tenacity

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work!

Everyone's is slowing down. Let me email Kelly and we'll see if there's anything we can do to speed it along. As for commenting on other submissions, if you can't, I do suggest messaging one of us and we'll comment for you. We can do a lump comment like "50 votes from PANDAS". Luckily, my computer is slowing down a bit but not freezing....yet.

To the Folks Heading Up the "Refresh the PANDAS Research" Campaign:

The last several times I've tried to do things on the PANDAS page of the Pepsi Refresh Project contest, the site has been prohibitively slow -- and often freezes up entirely. I'm able to cast votes from a profile page easily, but can't do a thing on the PANDAS page. I'm afraid potential new votes will be lost when people get on our page to vote -- perhaps for the first time -- and find the site non-functional. Can we ask the Pepsi people for a tune up? If removing some of the thousands of comments that have accumulated would solve the problem, it would be worth it to allow more votes to come in!

Tenacity

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Vickie